Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2 / Source Third-Party Mods

Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #5356
prophecy holder

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealwithit07 View Post
I am waiting till the summer sale for when this is under a dollar and possible NS2 when that is under 5. 40 bucks for a glorified HL1 mod isn't worth it.
$40 for a glorified mod is horrifying. As for dear ester, It's something to wait till its under a dollar. Anything more is like wasting money specially when it's only 1-2 hours.
prophecy holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #5357
tibetanpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecy holder View Post
$40 for a glorified mod is horrifying. As for dear ester, It's something to wait till its under a dollar. Anything more is like wasting money specially when it's only 1-2 hours.
Or it's like showing support for the development of interesting, unique indie projects.
tibetanpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:02 AM   #5358
Gordon He-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibetanpunk View Post
Or it's like showing support for the development of interesting, unique indie projects.

^^THIS!
Gordon He-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #5359
CoBB1e

Developers, if you read this, when we must waiting any information about release date? Should we wait on this spring first information about release date?
CoBB1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 AM   #5360
pizzahut

IIRC the release date will be announced when it's only weeks away. So for example if Black Mesa was going to be released in autumn, do not expect an announcement in spring.
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #5361
CatzEyes93

As been said, the soundtrack will be released just prior to the actual Mod release. "Just prior" meaning "weeks". "Weeks" meaning, less than what you would count on a single hand. (so no, it would not be an instance of "bahaha we said weeks so that is another 52 weeks lulz!")

Some of the reasons *I* believe the soundtrack is being released prior to mod: (in no particular order...)

1) Cuz Joel is awesome and deserves to get his music out there at the earliest so as to promote his own
2) Cuz it will help spread the news that the mod is coming soon. VERY soon rather than the 'soon' we saw with the 2009 video.
3) Release of the soundtrack ahead of time will help alert folks that have been silent supporters / casual observers / quietly checking in once in a while. Doing it this way allows them a chance to keep sharper tabs on it.
CatzEyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #5362
prophecy holder

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzEyes93 View Post
As been said, the soundtrack will be released just prior to the actual Mod release. "Just prior" meaning "weeks". "Weeks" meaning, less than what you would count on a single hand. (so no, it would not be an instance of "bahaha we said weeks so that is another 52 weeks lulz!")

Some of the reasons *I* believe the soundtrack is being released prior to mod: (in no particular order...)

1) Cuz Joel is awesome and deserves to get his music out there at the earliest so as to promote his own
2) Cuz it will help spread the news that the mod is coming soon. VERY soon rather than the 'soon' we saw with the 2009 video.
3) Release of the soundtrack ahead of time will help alert folks that have been silent supporters / casual observers / quietly checking in once in a while. Doing it this way allows them a chance to keep sharper tabs on it.
So how soon is this really? I remember seeing the bull soon on 3DR boards about DNF and it took another couple of years to release. Hopefully the 2009 debacle of failure wont strike again.
prophecy holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #5363
Dealwithit07

Banned
Didn't the sound track get released?
Dealwithit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #5364
General Frags

Quote:
Nope, it was finished some time last year I think.
General Frags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #5365
Mad Max RW

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Frags View Post
Nope, it was finished some time last year I think.
Probably not anymore after some recent ambiguous comments on their forums. It appears the whole "soundtrack has gone gold" announcement meant very little.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #5366
Rumina

Quote:
Apparently that changed. I read in some BMS dev posts that the soundtrack actually went back into development since Black Mesa wasn't releasing, he decided he might as well work on it more in the mean time.

While I agree with some that it makes the whole "gone gold" statement kind of silly to being with, it's not so surprising, if I'd been working on such a project and finished but been unable to release my work I would probably eventually just start improving it in the meantime as well.

I've always supported the BMS team and still do but sometimes these days I start to wonder if they're trapped in a perpetual cycle of never ending tweaking.
Rumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #5367
Mad Max RW

Black Mesa is an example of when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #5368
Rellik66

The sound track hasn't been released yet. All "going gold" meant was that the composer finalized the tracks and sent them to the devs to be integrated in the game. A recent post by a dev indicated that they requested some tweaks to the tracks to make them fit in, but nothing major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormseeker
All "going gold" in this case means that no new content is being added. We have all the tracks we need. Tweaks are always going to be necessary to volume and timing to match the soundscapes/ambients of levels they are implemented in. You really do sound like a bunch of conspiracy theorists sometimes.

Stop reading doom into every statement.
http://forums.blackmesasource.com/sh...=12#post447913

The soundtrack being released two weeks prior to the mods release was originally just speculation, but apparently the devs have sort of accepted it.
Rellik66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #5369
Konti

Mar 1 2012 - Discussion with Michael Tannock on Moddb:

-How's the mod goin'?

Quote:
Pretty well, though we're still making huge graphical improvements to keep the game up to date until we release it. One of the things we've done is add carefully balanced fog to all of our maps, so everything's looking far more real and impressive now.
Quote:
I assume the surprise you're referring to is the website change? I don't know why that hasn't happened yet, because as far as I know it's ready.
- I thought: the new website will come with the soundtrack two weeks before release???

Quote:
That's still the plan.
- so Black Mesa is nearly finshed and ready for a release in a couple of weeks?

Quote:
The website update still has to happen first, sorry.
Konti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #5370
trek554

Banned
unless they are telling us where to download it then nothing else they say means anything.
trek554 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2 / Source Third-Party Mods