Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Server Feedback

Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Squishpoke

If I ever made a server, I'd make these changes:

Feel free to post whatever thoughts you have on this, whether it is positive, constructive, or complete nerd rage. This is just a "what-if" if I ever manage to set up my own server, and I'm interested in what other people may think of this. (Whether X is possible, you suck, I like XYZ idea, etc.)

GLOBAL:

-Random crits removed from primary and secondary weapons. Melee remains the same. Any primary or secondary weapon that has crits/mini-crits as a feature will still be operational. (For example, the Soda-Popper's Hype meter, the Sniper Rifle's Headshot, and the Direct Hit's airborne hit bonus).

-There will be no class limits. Reason: sometimes class rushes can be fun. If there are too many spies and snipers on a team, they will just lose naturally until the team learns to adapt.

-Auto-kick any player that changes their name twice, with an appropriate warning. Rejoining will be allowed after one warning, after that, auto-ban.

-Allow use of voting with the normal GUI interface. I don't see the advantage of typing "!kickvote" as opposed to using Valve's normal system.

-Allow higher updaterate values.

-For "map-time" loss, do not declare the winner of the current round the losers because of insufficient map wins. Instead briefly show a screen after the humiliation round to show who the overall victor is. (ie, BLU won 5 rounds, RED 3, BLU WINS! etc).

CLASS-SPECIFIC CHANGES:

Scout-
  • Winger now has full clip: -25% damage against players, +25% damage against buildings
  • 3 seconds removed from the respawn timer
  • Milkman set no longer requires hat

Soldier-
  • Remove all Rocket Jumper vulernabilities.
  • Mantreads do significantly more damage
  • Tank Buster set no longer requires hat

Pyro-
  • All primary weapons default to a heavily modified Degreaser. In addition to normal Degreaser stats:
    -Airblast no longer uses fuel (unlimited airblasting)
    -Airblast can be used for double jumping, but not as high as Scout.
    -Primary Fire only fires in one second-bursts
    -One second delay between bursts
    -Fuel costs 10 per burst
    -Max Fuel 50
  • Axtinquisher crits with 210 damage instead of 195.
  • Gas Jockey set no longer requires hat

Demoman- No changes

Heavy-
  • Tomislav ammo reduced to 150
  • Gloves of Running Urgently drains more health per second (10 instead of 6).
  • Sandvich heals other players 75% instead of 50%

Engineer-
  • Short Circuit has longer range, same fire rate as airblast, and costs 15 metal per use (instead of 35)

Medic-
  • Quick Fix has 45% increased heal rate instead of 40%
  • Overhealing a single target longer than 3 seconds at a time causes overheal to disappear and inflicts 40 damage to Medic. (The three-second period only activates after overheal is finished.)

Sniper-
  • Razorback gives an extra 40% explosive resistance
  • Croc-o-style bonus no longer requires hat

Spy-
  • Cannot cloak unless Enforcer is fully reloaded or depleted
  • Shouting "FIRE!" while under spycicle's effects is removed
  • Tell-tale hit sounds are removed when spycicle is activated
  • Hitbox regions for sidestabs and head-stabs are slightly reduced unless the enemy is touching a wall
  • Spycrabbing grants 50% damage resistance (nullified when cloaked or when not spycrabbing)
  • Saharan Spy set no longer requires hat

Last edited by Squishpoke: 02-21-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Clarified overheals
Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
mattyboyrocks23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishpoke View Post
CLASS-SPECIFIC CHANGES:

Scout-
  • Winger now has full clip: -25% damage against players, +25% damage against buildings No.
  • 3 seconds removed from the respawn timer No. O.O I don't understand this one at all. Just cause it's a Scout? Scouts are REALLY strong. They can two-shot any class but a Heavy.
  • Milkman set no longer requires hat Meh, I don't like this

Soldier-
  • Remove all Rocket Jumper vulernabilities. Why? If a guy wants to troll, let him die. The RJ is one of those weapons no one cares if balanced or not.
  • Mantreads do significantly more damage Depends how much
  • Tank Buster set no longer requires hat Gonna ignore all set ones now

Pyro-
  • All primary weapons default to a heavily modified Degreaser. In addition to normal Degreaser stats:
    -Airblast no longer uses fuel (unlimited airblasting)
    -Airblast can be used for double jumping, but not as high as Scout.
    -Primary Fire only fires in one second-bursts
    -One second delay between bursts
    -Fuel costs 10 per burst
    -Max Fuel 50
  • Axtinquisher crits with 210 damage instead of 195.
  • Gas Jockey set no longer requires hat
No to all Pyro. The Axtinguish is already overpowered as melee imho, and unlimited airblasts will be far worse than you think. Soon no one will be able to walk around and Ubers are now useless. Pyro stacking will be common, but without spychecking

Demoman- No changes

Heavy-
  • Tomislav ammo reduced to 150
  • Gloves of Running Urgently drains more health per second (10 instead of 6).
  • Sandvich heals other players 75% instead of 50%
Buffing Sandvich? Really?

Engineer-
  • Short Circuit has longer range, same fire rate as airblast, and costs 15 metal per use (instead of 35)

Medic-
  • Quick Fix has 45% increased heal rate instead of 40%
  • Overhealing a single target longer than 3 seconds at a time causes overheal to disappear and inflicts 40 damage to Medic.
Quickie is fine. And the new overheal one, that's . It takes LONGER than 3 seconds to overheal a soldier or Heavy and you now lose your pocket.
Sniper-
  • Razorback gives an extra 40% explosive resistance
  • Croc-o-style bonus no longer requires hat
No

Spy-
  • Cannot cloak unless Enforcer is fully reloaded or depleted No
  • Shouting "FIRE!" while under spycicle's effects is removed
    No
  • Tell-tale hit sounds are removed when spycicle is activated
    No
  • Hitbox regions for sidestabs and head-stabs are slightly reduced unless the enemy is touching a wall
    No
  • Spycrabbing grants 50% damage resistance (nullified when cloaked or when not spycrabbing)
    No
  • Saharan Spy set no longer requires hat
NO

I thought this had promise, but you're just breaking the game
mattyboyrocks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #3
Mogh

I can't speak for others, but I would never play on a server that changes class characteristics like that. I want to play Team Fortress 2, not "the server owner's personal vision on how TF2 should have been".. Fortress.. 2.
Also, penalizing Medics for overhealing people is a terrible, terrible idea.
Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:00 AM   #4
Squishpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
I can't speak for others, but I would never play on a server that changes class characteristics like that. I want to play Team Fortress 2, not "the server owner's personal vision on how TF2 should have been".. Fortress.. 2.
Also, penalizing Medics for overhealing people is a terrible, terrible idea.
My idea is to prevent unnecessary pocketing. The point is, once you overheal someone fully, you can probably be more productive by bouncing your heal to someone else before coming back to your pocket.

Thanks for your inputs, nevertheless.
Squishpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Kally Wally

And so if there's nobody else around and/or the rest of your team is being uncooperative... You get screwed. Pocketing is a legitimate tactic that is sadly taken a bit too far in many pubs. There may indeed be a way to discourage too much pocketing, but this isn't it.

Re: Pyro changes...
No, just no. I main Pyro, and I puff'n'sting all the time. However, I also recognize the power the flames themselves hold, and I would never, not in a million years, play on a server with those changes. I normally don't like the "it's called the Pyro, not the Aero" arguments, but I'm going to use it here. I understand that you're trying to discourage W+M1, and I don't believe it's necessary. Rushing your enemy with flames without any weapon-switching tricks is, once again, a completely legitimate tactic that is very strong in some situations. Unfortunately, there are many Pyros who don't understand that it isn't always the best tactic. Rather than force them to do something they either don't want to, or don't know how to do, why not just let those of us who understand the flamethrower's strengths use them appropriately?
Kally Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
roblius

Well, your imaginary server would be empty most of the time.
Vanilla TF2 is where it at. Leave it the way Valve intended to be.
roblius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Metenight777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishpoke View Post
-There will be no class limits. Reason: sometimes class rushes can be fun. If there are too many spies and snipers on a team, they will just lose naturally until the team learns to adapt.
I can understand all heavy/scout/medic/solly

BUT WHY WOULD U WANNA VERSE A TEAM OF ALL ENGYS AND PYROS. FKING UNBREAKABLE DEFENSE. I thought 4 engys was enough-.-
Metenight777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Server Feedback