Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE

Old 02-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Kobest

How to get the Gold Rush and Life Saver Achievemnets?

(Typo in the title, I know. :S )

Hey all!

I have more than 100 hours clocked in the game, and I'm trying to get as many achievements as I can. I'm having some problems in trying to get Life Saver and Gold Rush achievements.

For Life Saver, I guess I have to pick up 10 extra life items in one level during co-op. I normally find 3 or 4, so are there really 10 extra lives hidden in one level?

For Gold Rush, I have even less of an idea how to get it. Usually in co-op, you get treasures, and occasionally gold coins, so collecting 100 of them on one level seems impossible. Maybe the game counts the overall coins collected, instead of just one level's?

Any ideas to help out?

Last edited by Kobest: 02-28-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
trash4cash

Its 100 coins and 10 extra lives in one sitting ,not one level.Takes about 4 or 5 levels if you are doing it by yourself
trash4cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
Kobest

Thanks, I see, so we would have to play multiple levels in one co-op session. I could think of getting the extra lives, but what about the coins? Could you recommend some levels where it's easy to get them? I came across coins pretty rarely during co-op, so getting a hundred of them?
Kobest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #4
TheFlyingDill

Just play the first four levels on the tourist difficulty setting. You don't even have to kill enemies, just run and collect coins, coin bags and chests. Both of the achievements can be done in around 30 minutes.
TheFlyingDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Kobest

Thanks for the reply, will give a try very soon!

Cheers!
Kobest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #6
inspiral66

I tried to get the Gold Rush achievement yesterday, but after playing the first six levels I had to quit without any reward. Before I try again I have a couple of questions.

1. Do the money bags and treasure chests count towards the achievement, and does anybody know what value they have? A bag should be worth several coins, surely, and a treasure chest even more.

2. Isn't there some sort of indicator that tells you how much you have collected? At the top left of my screen I saw two symbols: FC, and beneath that, a dollar sign. The FC was my score but the dollar sign seemed to be superfluous. I had expected that to record my coin pick-ups but it didn't. What's that all about?
inspiral66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE