Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Server Feedback

Old 02-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
lyianx

Servers without Humiliation mode enabled

Anyone know of servers with this extremely lame mode that's disabled? I know its possible, as ive seen a few servers in the past operate like this (tho i have sense gotten a new computer).

Now i know a lot may like getting cheap kills that buff your stats without any skill, but i prefer not to play like that, so im just looking for servers that do, not idiots flaming for my choice of it.

Last edited by lyianx: 02-27-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
DrFetus

Banned
I'm not sure of any servers like this, but I do know something that would help you cope with your problem with servers that have Humiliation mode enabled:

Grow a pair.
DrFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Assbandit

Don't like dying in humiliation?

Don't lose.
Assbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
TzuZen

mp_bonusroundtime

This is the console command. That's all I know, unfortunately
TzuZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
Mogh

Don't let it get to you, it only lasts a couple of seconds and you can only get killed once. See it as an extra incentive to win the round!
Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
lyianx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuZen View Post
mp_bonusroundtime

This is the console command. That's all I know, unfortunately
Thats more info than i had, thank you. If nothing else this gives me something i can search for (maybe lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
Don't let it get to you, it only lasts a couple of seconds and you can only get killed once. See it as an extra incentive to win the round!
Its not really the getting killed part that bothers me, it the fact that those kills actually count toward player/server records that kinda erks me. If they were just a fun way to wipe out the team, but didn't actually count toward your stats, i wouldn't care, but it just fluffs your stats killing defenseless people. Might as well go on an achievement server and mow immobile bots at that point. Pretty much the same thing.

Plus, I always have incentives to win the round, the issue comes from the fact that i also have to hope the rest of my team has the same incentive. I can play really well, but if im on a suck team, ill still lose. Only thing i can do is switch teams but that just makes the problem worse.

If it was a deathmatch, yea your comment would have merit, but as it stands, its a team game, so winning/losing is heavily team related, not player related.
lyianx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
Ericson666

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyianx View Post
Now i know may like getting cheap kills that buff your stats without any skill
wat .
Ericson666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
onlyzuul

If you're worried about HLstats/gameme tracking is disabled during humiliation. Scoreboard kills are a different story. Either way if 1 or so deaths every 10 minutes really bug you. Stop being a stat w----. Dying during humiliation should be less than 4% of you "skill" err deaths err whatever. If it's more, you're doing it wrong.

But to answer your question.
mp_bonusroundtime is correct.
Default is "mp_bonusroundtime 10"
Changing it to 0 disables humiliation. ie "mp_bonusroundtime 0"
This would be found in the server.cfg

Last edited by onlyzuul: 02-27-2012 at 10:22 PM.
onlyzuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #9
jerkstore11

I never understood why people complain about this so much and why there are servers out there that let people pay/donate to have humilation round invincibility. As pointed out already, the third party stats are disabled during humiliation.

If idiots are bragging that they killed you during it, or that they got more scoreboard points than you now because they killed some people, they are idiots and should be ignored anyway.

TF2 built in stats have been exploited since day 1 and are NEVER supposed to be taken seriously.
jerkstore11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
phai3838

Accept your defeat like a man!
phai3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
ChIck3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkstore11 View Post
TF2 built in stats have been exploited since day 1 and are NEVER supposed to be taken seriously.
What?!?! You mean my 3600 killstreak doesn't mean I'm a better person?!?!?
ChIck3n is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Server Feedback