Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fate of the World

Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #31
milk_milk

Some things I found helpful in general.

1. Tech. Japan 2 (robo and info i think), U.S. 2 (the two it is leader with japan) and europe biotech. --> Spread tech asap in every region, some are more important, others not so much (css and smartgrids early)

2. tobin tax pays out.
- australia (tobin +2 happiness cards --> green conscious for future ban)
- japan, tech 2, tobin 1, happiness/development 3
tobin & tech for europe and u.s., keep em happy
--> south america, russia and the mid east are future candidates for tobin tax and easy achievable

3. china and middle east are key in developing early and fast (population, potential etc.), south america needs forest protection from the get go

4. ignore india, its poor, its way 2 much effort and it wont pay out.

5. africa can be saved, depending on the money, stabilize, keep em happy and tech up asap

6. 1st nano tech is the most important technology --> prepare for its research (in japan) so that every region can acquire the tech the next turn and build the trees thereafter. You can get it around 2100. Combine this with your solar reflectors and you have renewables on 100% almost everywhere

7. Speculation: Make your population green! Im not sure about this, but i had the feeling they switch much faster to complete renewables, can anyone confirm this? Further it helps in combination with global bans --> gives you happiness and makes it easy to keep tobin tax going.

8. preventing wildfire and drought card is important play it early!

In general I see my game as a success if i dont crash my economy and can still get declining emissions and below 3 degree by 2200, works normally...

Happy for feedback or remarks
milk_milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #32
decco82

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk_milk View Post

7. Speculation: Make your population green! Im not sure about this, but i had the feeling they switch much faster to complete renewables, can anyone confirm this? Further it helps in combination with global bans --> gives you happiness and makes it easy to keep tobin tax going.
Green populations seem to have lower HDI expectations, so they don't riot as often over it. And I've definitely noticed that they will adopt electric cars and vegetarian diets many turns faster.
decco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #33
magicalsushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by decco82 View Post
Green populations seem to have lower HDI expectations, so they don't riot as often over it. And I've definitely noticed that they will adopt electric cars and vegetarian diets many turns faster.
Not entirely convinced about the electric cars thing, although I've suspected it for a while too. I'm pretty sure being green cuts the chance of the vegetarianism campaign failing (I've never seen it fail for a balanced region, and never seen it succeed for a materialist region).

I think outlook also affects the efficacy of cap and trade schemes, although I'm not sure of this either. My impression was that it was the only factor influencing it in the beta, but in recent versions of the game, there seems to be more to it than that. I expect it still affects it to some extent though.
magicalsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #34
LordMarconius

Only green (or balanced) regions will accept vegetarian campaigns and only regions above a certain level (around the middle of Altruistic) will effectively cut down emissions if you run Cap&Trade. Any lower than that and you will get the "hot air" reports about how the scheme isn't working, because politicians don't care.

I don't know about electric cars for sure, but I do think they are adopted either quicker or more widespread if the region is greener.

Also, the more green a region is, the less HDI it expects, meaning protests will be more rare or cease entirely. Playing New Green Deal helps a lot with this too and that requires all regions to be green.
LordMarconius is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fate of the World