Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Breath of Death VII

Old 02-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Vargas78

Is it possible to use a gamepad?

I own a logitech USB gamepad, not as good as an xbox360 pad but its ok.

I dont seem to be able to use it on this game, which is a shame as i dont like the keyboard control, i do enough typing over the day as it is!

When i try configure it, and define the buttons, it doesnt seem to pick up that there is a pad connected. Can it even be done?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
amdr

You can always use Joy2Key I guess
amdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
fuller556

Use the XBox 360 Controller Emulator, x360ce. When you download it, run the file x360ce.exe to configure the buttons for your Logitech controller; basically, you assign the Logitech's buttons to correspond to the buttons on an actual XBox 360 Controller. You only need to do this once, unless you have multiple controllers. Once you save the configuration, it will be stored in the file x360ce.ini; take this file, along with x360ce.exe and xinput1_3.dll, and place them all into the game's installation folder. Your Logitech will now be recognized as an XBox 360 Controller after launching the game.

You can copy the afore-mentioned files into the installation folder of any game that won't work natively with the Logitech and which does support XBox 360 Controllers. Worked like a charm with Darksiders, which could not correctly use the right thumbstick of my Logitech controller to look around, crippling the game. It worked flawlessly once I used the XBox Controller emulator.

I hope this helps.
fuller556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Vargas78

Thanks for the infos
Vargas78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Breath of Death VII