Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Trek Online

Old 02-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Dilbert

Question Can't add bridge officer? Says I have no slots, but I'm looking at one

I upgraded finally from the Miranda class to Constitution refit (so I went from Khan to Kirk!)

This ship has an extra engineering bridge officer slot. So I paid some hard-earned dilithium to purchase a new engineering recruit, and the only option that comes up is it wants to train my existing officers.

What?

It says "since there are no bridge officer positions available, I can train your guys for you" -- but I'm looking at the slot right there. I even unassigned my first engineering officer and got the same problem.

It's not well documented. Can anybody help figure this out?

I was just in there and got booted as the server went down without warning, but I'd like to know how to fix that so when I first go into battle with my NCC-1701-A clone I won't be short handed.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Freyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
I upgraded finally from the Miranda class to Constitution refit (so I went from Khan to Kirk!)

This ship has an extra engineering bridge officer slot. So I paid some hard-earned dilithium to purchase a new engineering recruit, and the only option that comes up is it wants to train my existing officers.

What?

It says "since there are no bridge officer positions available, I can train your guys for you" -- but I'm looking at the slot right there. I even unassigned my first engineering officer and got the same problem.

It's not well documented. Can anybody help figure this out?

I was just in there and got booted as the server went down without warning, but I'd like to know how to fix that so when I first go into battle with my NCC-1701-A clone I won't be short handed.
Look at the left side of your pane when looking at your crew. You should have your Lieutenant Commander's name, followed by your ship, followed by each of your officers. If you have an extra slot, you'll see a greyed out slot that reads "NO OFFICER". You may be looking at your ship's bridge stations instead. You will, over the course of playing, end up having almost double the amount of bridge officers compared to the number of bridge stations you have on your ships.
Freyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Dilbert

Hrm... I don't recall an extra "tab" on that left side. That's kind of awkward... So I CAN have one on the ship, but not for me because (I assume) I don't have a high enough rank?

Well at least I know not to waste any more dilithium for now.

Thanks!
Dilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
Freyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
Hrm... I don't recall an extra "tab" on that left side. That's kind of awkward... So I CAN have one on the ship, but not for me because (I assume) I don't have a high enough rank?

Well at least I know not to waste any more dilithium for now.

Thanks!
You can have as many bridge officers as you have slots for as shown on the left side of the crew pane. I believe you get slots as you get promoted and you can buy additional slots through the Cryptic store. I'd give you a screenshot of my crew pane if STO weren't offline right now as an example.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Nesetalis

at most for f2p you get 6 bridge officer slots... I don't know that any ship has more than 5 bridge officer position, so you always have an extra one to swap out as need arise.
Nesetalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
Dilbert

What I didn't realize is I had an extra slot... it was just held by a rather unhelpful and ineffective tactical officer... So I discharged him and got the engineering one I wanted!

Thanks!
Dilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Freyar

I managed to finally get a screenshot, so you can see for yourself.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/freyar/...63679254768230
Old 02-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Pelican_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
I managed to finally get a screenshot, so you can see for yourself.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/freyar/...63679254768230
You must have paid Cryptic Points. I can tell because you're also a Joined Trill.
Pelican_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
Greyfury

Hmm def have slots open on the left.. log a ticket also goto the Cstore and see if the claim option for more slots is about.

I have lifetime and I had to re-aquire a couple of things like this before they would work after the change to f2p went through
Greyfury is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Trek Online