Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded

Old 02-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Sk8342 Doo

APB Hard locking computer

Alright so whenever i play APB my computer will freeze, no matter what im doing, i can usually last around 10 minutes in the game before it does so, and this does not happen in any other games I play. I have re installed the game several times, i have disabled audio devices in bios and removed all the drivers, i have checked to see if it was any hardware problems and it wasn't. I have no idea how to fix this. Basically what occurs is i could just be standing there in APB, then everything freezes, and will stay frozen until i hold down the power button on my computer and hard reboot it. I can't do anything about the freezes, i doesn't give me any errors, or anything.

System Specs:

AMD PhenomII x6 2.8ghz processor
ATI Radeon HD 5770 GPU
12gb DDr3 1333mhz 9-9-9-24
700w PSU
Asus Crosshair Formula IV Motherboard
1TB HD
Old 02-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
akhkaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8342 Doo View Post
Alright so whenever i play APB my computer will freeze, no matter what im doing, i can usually last around 10 minutes in the game before it does so, and this does not happen in any other games I play. I have re installed the game several times, i have disabled audio devices in bios and removed all the drivers, i have checked to see if it was any hardware problems and it wasn't. I have no idea how to fix this. Basically what occurs is i could just be standing there in APB, then everything freezes, and will stay frozen until i hold down the power button on my computer and hard reboot it. I can't do anything about the freezes, i doesn't give me any errors, or anything.

System Specs:

AMD PhenomII x6 2.8ghz processor
ATI Radeon HD 5770 GPU
12gb DDr3 1333mhz 9-9-9-24
700w PSU
Asus Crosshair Formula IV Motherboard
1TB HD
Monitor the heat of your GPU and CPU. Sounds like an overheating issue or too much power drawing from the PSU.
akhkaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
forceNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhkaru View Post
Sounds like an overheating issue or too much power drawing from the PSU.
that certainly shouldn't be an issue with a psu that powerful and those components in place unless it's a really crappy unit.

do you have anything overclocked? if so try going back to default freqs
try testing your memory with memtest86+ and do a cpu stress test with prime95
verify game cache and use the apb launcher's "repair" feature

edit
make sure to monitor your temps when running prime95, if you don't have a hw monitoring tool you can use e.g. speedfan or openhardwaremonitor

Last edited by forceNet: 02-26-2012 at 04:00 AM.
forceNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Sk8342 Doo

I have done all memtests , cpu tests, it is not overheating i run 90 ° f understress for my cpu and gpu 130 ° f understress. I have rmaed my gpu, gotten new harddrives, re-installed windows, re-installed the game, tried a new psu and none of it worked. None of the disabling the sound in bios doesn't work.
Sk8342 Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:41 AM   #5
Mokado708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8342 Doo View Post
I have done all memtests , cpu tests, it is not overheating i run 90 ° f understress for my cpu and gpu 130 ° f understress. I have rmaed my gpu, gotten new harddrives, re-installed windows, re-installed the game, tried a new psu and none of it worked. None of the disabling the sound in bios doesn't work.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2569476

Thanks on there soo people see it.
Mokado708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
Sk8342 Doo

anyone find something else for this to fix it?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
Nemesis Enforce

I have the same problem as you...

Im sick and tired of this game. Tried everything like you, looked on every forum for every game about this bug, and still cant find the fix. Also i havent got anything on this forum when i wrote about the problem, so im just gonna delete this game and play something else.

I just cant understand how could they make this so there is no fix for it........ FFS!
Nemesis Enforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
Sk8342 Doo

Exactly what i am saying ^

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded