Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SOL: Exodus

Old 02-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
VEX 352

Some Questions to the Dev's

Servus

First I've to say, that the game is a good idea for all, who only want to fight enemy fighters and battleships in a space enviroment. Congratulations for that.

Second I've to say, that the game isn't made for "normal users". And that is the main problem of the game.

I've played about 3,5 h so far and reached day 4 in the campaign, and now i'm absolutaly frustrated. For me it's not possible to survive the 5 waves of ADDs (or what they are), without losing the Atlas. And now I have to ask myself "is it worth to play again and again?". I think no.

In another Thread I've read, that you (the Dev's) won't add different grades of difficulties, because the balancing won't be working in a good way. But I have to tell you, that balancing not means, that the Dev's are dying in the final mission 2 times and then they get the goal. Balancing means, that the player (that means me) is able to reach the goal without throwing the gamepad to the screen and getting an infarction. So I will ask you: What do you want to do, that the player will enjoy the game?

For me is the answer very simple:

1st: You take care about the opinions of the players.
2nd: You add different difficulties.
3rd: You add the option to save during a mission.
4th: You add more discriptions, what to do during a mission.

Especially the last point will be usefull, when the player is flying around and wondering, why he is doing the same things again and again and again.

And then I've some other questions. Why I've to hack a Capitol Ship more than once to get the blueprints? In mission 3 I allready had hacked 2! of this Ships, so I allready have the plans an know the weak points of them. So why I've to do it again one day later? Is this a totally new kind of Ship? Maybe you will change the goal of the Hacking on day 4, to disengage the engines of the Battleship, so it will crash to the surface of the planet. This will be more plausible.

What I'm missing too is, that I can regulate my speed. Why I only have the "normal" Speed and the Afterburner? Sometimes I want to be very slow, but I cant be without sliding and changing my direction of view. Is it possible to add a "Speedregulation"?

Finaly I want to know: Where are the other Fighterpilots on the Atlas? It's so a big ship with several Fighters on bord, but I'm the only Pilot? I can't beleave that, so you maybe will think about more friendly Pilots during the missions, because this will be more balancing the game as adding different difficulties.

Last edited by VEX 352: 02-12-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
SeamlessStocks

Seamless Entertainment
Quote:
In another Thread I've read, that you (the Dev's) won't add different grades of difficulties, because the balancing won't be working in a good way.
We never said that. On the contrary we're actually adding difficulty levels in the next update.

We are also adding in checkpoints too.

I'm hoping the next update will be released next week.

Thanks for your feedback.
SeamlessStocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
VEX 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamlessStocks View Post
We never said that. On the contrary we're actually adding difficulty levels in the next update.
In this case I had completely misunderstood these posts. But if you change it, I'm very glad.

By the way, it's a big point of you, that you're here and talk to us. There aren't many Dev's, that explain and support their games this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamlessStocks View Post
I'm hoping the next update will be released next week.
I'll waiting for that.
VEX 352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
VEX 352

Hello again,

At a german page of a gamemagazin I found an article, that "SOL: Exodus" will be released in german language too, during the 2nd Quarter this Year. Can you confirm that? And if it will be true, will it be possible to download the languagefiles via Steam without buying the game again? I hope the answers of the two questions will be "Yes" both times, because I think, that this will be an mayor advantage for the athmosphere, if you can play the game in your native language.
VEX 352 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SOL: Exodus