Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
WangoTango

Angry WHY do I have to re-download the 3.8GB updated ??

I logged into Steam a few days ago to find RO2 was re-downloading the 3.8GB update, the same on I have downloaded in the past. WHY ? this is very irritating. I live in a rural area and I am with a wireless ISP. This will take considerable time to do. Can I back up this huge file to a disc so I can avoid a similar situation in the future ?
If I have to do this again, I can see me abandoning this game.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
daflipp

I have no idea why. Sometimes Steam just does that kind of things. Mostly because some files don't pass a filecheck. BUT, are you sure it's the actual game and not the beta? There was an update for the beta this week with a similar size.
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
WangoTango

I hope it's not the Beta. I bought it at EB Games for $40.
WangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
daflipp

Afaik everyone got access to the beta this week, but the name clearly states it's the beta: "Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Beta". Either you installed the beta and it updated or Steam messed things up.

If you have some HDD space to spare you can try to backup the files, no guarantee it will save you from "false updates".
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Pathbinder

Same pain here, OP. Everytime RO2 updates, it's 3.8 GB for me no matter how small the actual update is. I've actually put off playing the game and disabled automatic updating until they finally roll out the big changes from the beta into the game proper. I guess we're just unlucky.
Pathbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
DMasterST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathbinder View Post
Same pain here, OP. Everytime RO2 updates, it's 3.8 GB for me no matter how small the actual update is. I've actually put off playing the game and disabled automatic updating until they finally roll out the big changes from the beta into the game proper. I guess we're just unlucky.
There was a bug in Steam that caused localized version of RO2 to get constantly updated but it was fixed. If you had such a case, it is safe to turn automatic updating on now. If it's something else, then report the issue to TWI, they'll look into it.
DMasterST is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad