Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rusty Hearts

Old 01-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
Arie_0

I downloaded the game, but if I play it in fullscreen my mouse won't move at the start up screen. So I can't register myself. If I try the game in windowed mode the start up screen turns black.

How to fix?
Arie_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #17
dancinninja

I have a few odd bugs...

1. When I first load up the game, and enter a dungeon for the first time, it will take over four (4) minutes for monsters to spawn in the first area. Red dots show up on the screen, and I CAN take damage and die. I can't see them nor fight them, shooting randomly doesn't seem to "kill" the red dots either.

Waiting four minutes is REALLY stressful when I need to clear the level in under 10 minutes!

When they finally do appear, I can proceed normally, clearing them out. The next few areas suffer the same effects to a lesser degree, until there isn't any delay at all.

2. This one just happened to me today, but it happened three times so it warrants a mention:

I go to the Library 2F, no monsters spawn yet, and if I go over towards the "gate" it will give me the "Go!" signal, and the gate will lower. I will not be able to go through the gate, and monsters spawn. The problem is, clearing out the monsters will NOT allow me to continue, and I have to exit out of the dungeon manually. Then I have to wait ten minutes before doing anything to avoid the x4 wear penalty. Yikes.

So far this has only happened in the Library 2F level.

3. Every so often, the mouse cursor will LAG, to an unusable degree. At first I thought it was my framerate, or maybe all input was lagging, but nope, the controller works fine and is responsive. After about a minute or so the mouse returns to normal, weird!

4. When I quit Rusty Hearts, it hangs around for a long time. It's not in my taskbar, but it shows up in Task Manager, still taking up a large amount of memory. What is also interesting is that the mouse "lag" that I got in-game is also present (again, at random or set intervals) when I'm on the desktop.

Forcing it to quit gets rid of the mouse lag.

I may not have the best computer in the world (I run everything on the lowest settings for a decent framerate) but these seem to be problems independent of my computer power.
dancinninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #18
ton de mo nai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinninja View Post
I have a few odd bugs...

1. When I first load up the game, and enter a dungeon for the first time, it will take over four (4) minutes for monsters to spawn in the first area. Red dots show up on the screen, and I CAN take damage and die. I can't see them nor fight them, shooting randomly doesn't seem to "kill" the red dots either.

Waiting four minutes is REALLY stressful when I need to clear the level in under 10 minutes!

When they finally do appear, I can proceed normally, clearing them out. The next few areas suffer the same effects to a lesser degree, until there isn't any delay at all.

2. This one just happened to me today, but it happened three times so it warrants a mention:

I go to the Library 2F, no monsters spawn yet, and if I go over towards the "gate" it will give me the "Go!" signal, and the gate will lower. I will not be able to go through the gate, and monsters spawn. The problem is, clearing out the monsters will NOT allow me to continue, and I have to exit out of the dungeon manually. Then I have to wait ten minutes before doing anything to avoid the x4 wear penalty. Yikes.

So far this has only happened in the Library 2F level.

3. Every so often, the mouse cursor will LAG, to an unusable degree. At first I thought it was my framerate, or maybe all input was lagging, but nope, the controller works fine and is responsive. After about a minute or so the mouse returns to normal, weird!

4. When I quit Rusty Hearts, it hangs around for a long time. It's not in my taskbar, but it shows up in Task Manager, still taking up a large amount of memory. What is also interesting is that the mouse "lag" that I got in-game is also present (again, at random or set intervals) when I'm on the desktop.

Forcing it to quit gets rid of the mouse lag.

I may not have the best computer in the world (I run everything on the lowest settings for a decent framerate) but these seem to be problems independent of my computer power.
I'm certainly not a tech expert, but it seems like there may be a conflict with your security settings. Anti-virus programs and some firewalls can often create odd scenarios where the game doesn't load everything properly. Given that some people have suggested their AV programs flag X-Trap as a threat, there may be something going on there.

If you have a firewall program, try putting it in game mode.
If you have anti-virus, try shutting it off before you play.
If you have both, then try each of the above suggestions individually before you try doing both of them.
ton de mo nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #19
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1

1) In my earlier Style is Key quests, the quest summary for it immediately turns to green as soon as I get enough Stylish points. However, when I took Style is Key 5 today, the quest didn't turn green until I finished the dungeon.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...t_00000002.png

2) Why do some Fire Tantali seem to not be attacking?
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
Goenitz

An untranslated quest is keeping me from advancing

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/65...45D8F131B6789/
Goenitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #21
ton de mo nai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goenitz View Post
An untranslated quest is keeping me from advancing

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/65...45D8F131B6789/
Wow that's funny.

I don't think it's actually preventing you from advancing but it's certainly a bug that needs fixing. I mean, just play PvP battles until you get it.
ton de mo nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #22
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1 View Post
1) In my earlier Style is Key quests, the quest summary for it immediately turns to green as soon as I get enough Stylish points. However, when I took Style is Key 5 today, the quest didn't turn green until I finished the dungeon.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...t_00000002.png
Ignore this previous report. I just realized that this is intended.

I was surprised though that I was able to repeat the quest "A Simple Task" even though I already finished it several levels back months ago. I randomly went to Ryan (there was no sign over his head for NPCs with available quests) and saw that the quest reappeared and I was able to retake it.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...t_00000005.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...t_00000006.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...t_00000008.jpg

EDIT: There are also inconsistencies in the text for a quest. The red text says that it should be in Blood Mode but the quest objective says Hard Mode.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...t_00000009.jpg

Last edited by PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1: 01-27-2012 at 10:26 AM.
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #23
lagendofdoom

after i select my character i can't start the game
i pick the character and then at the bottom there is a "start" button
but it won't let me click on it.... and if i try to anything else it will just bring me back to the character selection
is there any solution to this problem ?
lagendofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
Nymphonomicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextlyfe View Post
Steam won't count any of the hours that I play Rusty Hearts since the update on Tuesday... I noticed that when I'm starting Rusty Hearts up, it says that I'm "In-Game: Rusty Hearts" but when the launcher (not the actual launcher, but the little loading bar that loads the launcher) goes away, my Steam status turns into "Online," and it stays "Online" the whole time I play Rusty Hearts... I think that Steam doesn't recognize Rusty Hearts (the application) as a game, because when I try to turn on the Steam interface over the game, it won't work.
That's the exact problem I'm having. Steam refuses to acknowledge my playing of the game. I'm pretty sure I've missed an achievement or two already because of this...
Nymphonomicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
SomeUnregPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagendofdoom View Post
after i select my character i can't start the game
i pick the character and then at the bottom there is a "start" button
but it won't let me click on it.... and if i try to anything else it will just bring me back to the character selection
is there any solution to this problem ?
nope. I tired to post this problem over on their site's forums and tried to support site back in January and got no reply over the problem.

I found that by using "enter" you can get past character selection screen. But in game you can not use the mouse on anything. Including at the end of dungeon when you need to use the mouse to leave the rewards page.
SomeUnregPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
Protoss

Made a Steam Backup on Windows XP, restored it on Windows 7. Now the game downloads 441 MB, even though it should have the latest version...

EDIT: Avoided the download by copying the files over from the other HD.

Last edited by Protoss: 03-03-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Protoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #27
Reaprar

Not a problem I'm having, but my friend is.
http://gyazo.com/02f761b6fa54adfde2d...png?1330877711

This error message every time the game attempts to load. From what I can find online it relates to x-trap refusing to update.
Reaprar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #28
puppy_kun

I'm sick and tired of this damn game freezing on me, I love the game, it's almost identical in all ways to dungeon fighters online, except in 3d and better graphics, but I'm frustrated with how I keep getting "Waiting" Messages that last for over 10 minutes before I have to force close the game, and even alt+f4 doesn't work... and when I do get to play the game, once I complete the first dungeon, when I hit return to town it sits there endlessly, just sitting there, not letting me do a thing... I'd probably love the game if I could PLAY it.
puppy_kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rusty Hearts