Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God

Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Shinbusho

Soulbound loot.

A couple questions regarding soulbound bags. For instance, you're facing an event boss or dungeon boss.

You don't get "Quest Completed", does it mean you did not do enough damage to the boss?

Does it also mean you don't have the chance to get a drop as well?

Does distance matter? If I were to hit a boss of 50% of its HP, then run all the way back to the beginning of the dungeon while the rest of my teammates kill it; will I still get loot from it?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
JoeThePro

You only get the "Quest Completed" notification if and only if the monster killed is your current quest. Look at your map and the red arrow on your screen to tell if a monster is your current quest. It will both point on screen and show as a red blip on the map.

Soulbound loot is only affected by how much damage you have done. Doing a certain amount of damage is necessary to have the chance at getting soulbound loot. Yet, even doing the damage necessary does not guarantee that you will get soulbound loot. Distance does not necessarily matter either. However, loot does disappear after awhile. So if you are too far away, it may disappear why you are running back. Also, if you go back to the Nexus, your damage counter is set back to zero for enemies and the eligibility at getting soulbound loot.
JoeThePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Shadow XD

I've noticed that if you are too far away from the quest monster that the quest completed thing doesn't show up even if I did some damage, but I'm still not sure if the game did count it or not.
I've also noticed from time to time in gods land that I get item drops from monsters I hit and had to retreat from to a safer area after damaging them a bit, because someone else killed them.
Shadow XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
JoeThePro

Yeah quests only complete if you are in the vicinity of the slain monster. Simply doing damage and then running off screen es no bueno.

And yeah, soulbound loot does not require you actually having killed the monster, only that you have damaged it X amount. And after you have damaged it X amount, then you have an X chance of getting soulbound loot.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
jacket13

super noob question, is said soulbound loot the purple bags?
jacket13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
ton de mo nai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket13 View Post
super noob question, is said soulbound loot the purple bags?
Any bag that isn't a brown bag is soulbound.
ton de mo nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
maverick1104

to clarify above:

there are several different types of bags,

brown are public bags, everyone can see them and loot them

the rest are soulbound meaning only you can see/loot them.
The bags come in different colors depending on how good the loot inside is
I believe the order is:
purple
blue
white

but i think there is something in between blue and white, not sure (and wiki is down right now)

you will start to see blue and white bags as you kill dungeon bosses, realm gods, and oryx
maverick1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
ton de mo nai

two shades of blue: one with a gold string, and one with a red string. I believe it's the blue with the red string that carries the stat pots.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #9
JoeThePro

It goes:

Brown-Low Tier, Public
Purple-Generally Higher Tier, Private
Light Blue with Red String-Highest Tiered Items and Drake Eggs, Private
Dark Blue with Gold String-Stat Pots (sometimes contain the occasional higher item), Private
White-Untiered items, some of the BEST items in the game, Private.

Light blue and dark blue bags are only dropped by gods, dungeon bosses, and event bosses.
White bags are dropped by all dungeon bosses except the bosses from the Pirate Cave and Spider Den.

Last edited by JoeThePro: 03-04-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Forgot to add dark blue as private as well!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
ton de mo nai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeThePro View Post
It goes:

Brown-Low Tier, Public
Purple-Generally Higher Tier, Private
Light Blue with Red String-Highest Tiered Items and Drake Eggs, Private
Dark Blue with Gold String-Stat Pots (sometimes contain the occasional higher item), Private
White-Untiered items, some of the BEST items in the game, Private.
You're correct.
I had the blue bags mixed up.

One note though, it's the presence of a stat pot that makes it a dark blue bag. By that, I mean it can contain items from any other bags.
I got one from Stheno last night that contained not only a speed pot, but a dragonsoul sword(light blue bag), a snakeskin armor(purple) AND a snake oil(brown).

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God