Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #76
Hundbert

Thanks alot Burton. Overlay working fine now in Aion.
I'm using windows 7 x64.

Working fine in Vista x64 too except aionclient crashes after i exit the game.

Last edited by Hundbert: 07-22-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #77
insektl0gic

I was able to get my steam overlay and steam in-game time / status to *finally* work by setting Steam to run in XP compatibility mode and as admin (Vista x64 and Win7), rather than setting up the non-steam game described in the original post.
insektl0gic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #78
QuaintHazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by insektl0gic View Post
I was able to get my steam overlay and steam in-game time / status to *finally* work by setting Steam to run in XP compatibility mode and as admin (Vista x64 and Win7), rather than setting up the non-steam game described in the original post.
This method worked out wonderfully for me as well. Thank you for the fix insekt.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #79
Valdrath

Patch 2.5 seems to have broken the overlay. It used to work before using the method posted here but after the patch it no longer seems to work. Anyone else can confirm this?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #80
nalandial

I got it to work just now by using the following in my steam shortcut:

Quote:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Launcher\NCLauncher.exe" /LaunchGame=Aion
And having the Aion launcher (NCLauncher.exe) running as administrator and in XP SP3 compatibility mode.
nalandial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #81
ReapKarmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonJ View Post
I created this convenient YouTube video tutorial on how to enable the Steam Overlay in Aion. However, it looks like the video capture tool isn't able to capture the ingame video resulting in the end of the video being nothing but a black screen.

(1) Right-click on NCsoft Launcher shortcut and select Properties
(2) Highlight everything between the quotation marks in the Target: box, right-click and select copy
(3) In Steam, click Games and select Add a non-Steam game to My Games list...
(4) Click Browse
(5) Right-click in the box next to File Name: and press ctrl+v to paste the target you copied in step 2
(6) Click Open
(7) Click Add selected programs
(8) Launch the NCsoft Launcher through Steam and the overlay should now work when you launch Aion.

Aion: The Tower of Eternity FAQ

NOTE:
This is only confirmed to work on Vista x64.
It sounds like that's for the 32bit Aion client.

Is there a fix or workaround for Aion's 64bit client?
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit; the only reason one could even use a 64bit game client.

I've tried everything in this thread including enabling admin mode with and without WinXP SP3 Compatibility for steam and NCsoft's launcher. Nothing is working here!

Aion 32bit worked just fine but after seeing the massive performance boost that the 64bit client offers, I simply refuse to go back.

Note:
By renaming "Aion.bin" (C:\Program Files\NCsoft\AionEU\bin64) to "Aion.exe" and creating a steam shortcut to it, the overlay works but you're unable to login.

Last edited by ReapKarmah: 02-10-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: New Info!
ReapKarmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #82
Gouken20xx

I have a even more functional method, and have been using it with City Of Heroes, and you don't have to crack or patch anything.

1) Load the launcher as normal.
2) THIS IS IMPORTANT! In the options, set the NCSoft Launcher to CLOSE when you run a game.
3) Run the shortcut as normal in Steam.

If you do it right, The launcher application will close, then Aion will load with the Overlay working.
This works with all versions, since it uses normal overlay behavior. The other solutions don't always work.

What the overlay does is hook the launcher, then, when it closes, it hooks the next program run in the process tree, which is always the client application. When you don't close the launcher automatically, Steam cannot move to the next process along.
Gouken20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #83
lonfar

Tried all the methods listed this topic none of them work
lonfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #84
GravesBlood

I do NOT run the launcher as admin nor do I run it in any sort of compatibility mode and this is the shortcut I have it to.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Launcher\NCLauncher.exe"

GravesBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #85
lonfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesBlood View Post
I do NOT run the launcher as admin nor do I run it in any sort of compatibility mode and this is the shortcut I have it to.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Launcher\NCLauncher.exe"

Is that set option or desktop shortcut?
lonfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #86
nwarrenfl

Can you do this with the GameForge launcher too?
I really want to be able to launch Aion from Steam, with ingame layer. Maybe the bin file of Aion could be launched directly?
nwarrenfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #87
Assbean

I've gotten my overlay to work with the gameforge launcher by doing the following.

1) Add the NClauncher.exe file to your Steam library via the "Add a game" and "add a non-steam game..." menu. (in my case it was "C:\Program Files\GameForge\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe") It'll appear in your Steam library but will give you an error if you try and load it up.

2) Right click NCLauncher in your steam library and go to "Properties". Rename "NCLauncher" to whatever you like, and paste the following after ".......NCLauncher.exe" in the "Target" box, exactly as appears below (including the space at the start).

/LauncherID:"GameForge" /CompanyID:"11" /GameID:"AION-LIVE" /LUpdateAddr:"update.aion.gfsrv.net"

so in my case it would look like this:

"C:\Program Files\GameForge\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"GameForge" /CompanyID:"11" /GameID:"AION-LIVE" /LUpdateAddr:"update.aion.gfsrv.net"

3) click "Close" and boom! Opening Aion via the steam browser will bring up the launcher/updater, and when you press "run game" it'll load up Aion with the Steam overlay.

saying that, i've only tried it on windows XP, but i don't see why it wouldn't work on vista or 7.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Assbean: 04-01-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Assbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #88
Smotter

Now that 3.0 "Truly Free" patch has released. All the methods in this thread don't work for me.

Any update on how to get overlay to work in Aion?
Smotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #89
Trayn

push
need help for 3.0 "Truly Free" (64bit version)
Trayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #90
N0vastar

none of these worked..and I have AION through steam.
N0vastar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aion