Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series > Stronghold 3

Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Levi

Bug on Economic Mission 3?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm just misunderstanding the game mechanics.

I'm on Economic Mission 3, and for some reason my population has stopped increasing. My people are happy, I have lots of food/church services/homes, but every time the population change counter gets to zero nothing happens. I can't seem to break the 63 population barrier.

Here is a screenshot in case that helps.

Is it a bug, or am I missing something obvious?

Edit:

Ah, I think I figured it out. Apparently only so many idle peasants can stand around the campfire. I'll just build another 20 candle shops.

This sort of thing really should have clearer explanations. A message like "Unemployment is rampant!" or something would have helped a lot!

Also, it seems a little silly to have to build so many of the same buildings. Why not just have upgradable buildings that can build more stuff with more peasants working at them? I seriously had like 30 or 40 candlemaker buildings in that mission.

Last edited by Levi: 03-04-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Levi

Bah, now I have a quarry that doesn't seem to be able to dig up rock on mission 4. The guys are just standing around in the building not doing anything.

Maybe I'll wait for another 5 patches.
Levi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
lucifercrow514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Bah, now I have a quarry that doesn't seem to be able to dig up rock on mission 4. The guys are just standing around in the building not doing anything.

Maybe I'll wait for another 5 patches.
Hi Levi,

This has occurred to me as well and the fix is just destroying the rock quarry and placing another in the same place to reactivate them. Not only does this happen with quarry but also with the meat farm and veg farm.
lucifercrow514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Levi

Meh, I'll just wait until they actually finish the game. I've got plenty of other games I can play without having to fight with bugs.

This game really is the perfect example of why not to preorder games(like I did). It'll probably have a 75% off sale before its even finished.
Levi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
lucifercrow514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm just misunderstanding the game mechanics.

I'm on Economic Mission 3, and for some reason my population has stopped increasing. My people are happy, I have lots of food/church services/homes, but every time the population change counter gets to zero nothing happens. I can't seem to break the 63 population barrier.

Here is a screenshot in case that helps.

Is it a bug, or am I missing something obvious?

Edit:

Ah, I think I figured it out. Apparently only so many idle peasants can stand around the campfire. I'll just build another 20 candle shops.

This sort of thing really should have clearer explanations. A message like "Unemployment is rampant!" or something would have helped a lot!

Also, it seems a little silly to have to build so many of the same buildings. Why not just have upgradable buildings that can build more stuff with more peasants working at them? I seriously had like 30 or 40 candlemaker buildings in that mission.
This has happened to me and this seemed to fix it. Save your game and reboot your PC. Then when you restart SH3 load up that saved game. If im not mistaken that mission asks you to get 100 population? Do that, build houses until you get 100 population and you'll start to notice alot of peasants around the campfire. Build dairy farms and apple farms and give them double rations to attract more people to your castle. Build chandler candle shops just to keep them busy and your population will keep getting higher as long as you keep them busy and happy.

Double rations and high church services seemed to do the trick.
lucifercrow514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series > Stronghold 3