Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild II series

Old 03-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
wmenton

I picked up the Guild II pack on sale a few days ago - all three games for cheap, so I figured I'd try it.

Holy crap. The gameplay super buggy. Easily reproducible bugs, to.
wmenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
frikenaddict

you all are nuts this game is not buggy at all on my pc. I love this game picked it up all three for $5 some of the best fun I've had since warband. And to those saying crusader kings and europa, those games are nothing like this, those you just stare at a map and click screens, this you get to see decent graphics and burning buildings at least. This game certainly has its problems on lower end pc's, but you can pick up a decent rig on ebay for $400 (don't know why anyone can't afford that) like mine and play anything 2010 and older on highest settings. I am glad I bought this game, certainly not a waste of money for me.
frikenaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #18
ceemeeir

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikenaddict View Post
you all are nuts this game is not buggy at all on my pc. I love this game picked it up all three for $5 some of the best fun I've had since warband. And to those saying crusader kings and europa, those games are nothing like this, those you just stare at a map and click screens, this you get to see decent graphics and burning buildings at least. This game certainly has its problems on lower end pc's, but you can pick up a decent rig on ebay for $400 (don't know why anyone can't afford that) like mine and play anything 2010 and older on highest settings. I am glad I bought this game, certainly not a waste of money for me.
I also like the game.
I am not saying it isn't buggy, but for me it is nowhere near as buggy as some makes it out to be. Found several bugs that I can reproduce always, but none of them are game breaking.
ceemeeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #19
mr monster

This is a good game that has some issues, though I think Rune Forge did as great a job cleaning it up and making it run as clean and smooth as anyone possibly could.

Gameplay wise there isn't really another title like this. Like a cross between The Sims and Crusader Kings.
mr monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #20
Hypa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monster View Post
This is a good game that has some issues, though I think Rune Forge did as great a job cleaning it up and making it run as clean and smooth as anyone possibly could.

Gameplay wise there isn't really another title like this. Like a cross between The Sims and Crusader Kings.
Mount & Blade?
Hypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
Pain_less

What bugs? I don't think I have encountered any. What should I be looking for?
Pain_less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #22
galestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scelous View Post
I just bought this game a few days ago and have been playing it. I like the concept of the game, and what the developers have set out to do. However, this game is the most buggy POS I have ever played.... I think in my entire life. I remember Fallout 1 and 2 being called buggy, but they were nothing compared to Guild 2 Renaissance. I have played beta versions of games that were less buggy - in fact, I can't think of a single beta game I've played that was this bad.

I tried the 4.15 version, and I now have the beta 4.17b version. The game randomly crashes while loading OR saving; in the latter case, when the game crashes, you lose your save game if you were overwriting an old one. If you aren't overwriting an old one, you just don't get a save, thereby potentially losing hours of progress. And this isn't a once in a blue moon thing; I'd say there's a 1/5 chance my game will crash and lose data. I grit my teeth every time I save or load.

That's the biggest problem that just caused me to quit in frustration, as it has happened approximately 45 times now. There's other icing on the cake, too, like not being able to rob when you have just knocked someone unconscious, or people re-appearing after you have killed them (finished them off), being unable to enter buildings, and other assorted goodies.

Seriously, I'm not sure I've ever played a game this buggy, and I have been playing since Commodore 64. Daggerfall was bad, not even Daggerfall wasn't THIS bad. To add insult to injury, Guild 2 Renaissance has been out for a fair amount of time now, so it's just showing the designers' grotesque incompetence as far as managing a game goes.

Buyer beware.
all bugs in this game have been in all there guild games senes start of them all what 10 of them they have never fixed the bugs.
galestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
Alex'89

I had two serious bugs since installation:
1) can't see intro video;
2) game crashes approximately 1 time in 40 minutes, often while autosave process.
After trying solutions listed here these bugs are gone and now the game seems good for me.
Alex'89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild II series