Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Street Fighter IV

Old 01-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #16
UTROMSHREDDER

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma Dragon View Post
Console exclusive characters? Well, I better get a 15% discount since I'm only getting 85% of the game, then. Just saying.
as i said before we will get a lot of exculive characters on pc version from modders. and most important they will be FREE! it is only the ps3 and vita version that are getting some excuslive characters from capcom but pc versions will get a lot more excusive characters from modders! Krang is the best mod for SSF4 AE PC and now that the new ninja turtles comics series begun i will ask the creator of it if he can make a General Krang for SFXTK PC! He is the new Krang you know! he is not human he might be an alien or mutant human from his look. let hope he makes it too!
UTROMSHREDDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #17
hyperz

haha I want Pacman in Pc version
hyperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
UTROMSHREDDER

Banned
oh look what i found

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/j...-marcus-fenix/

Capcom asked Microsoft to pay them money if Microsoft wanted to have Marcus and Master Chief as excuaive characters for 360 version. But Microsoft didnt want to do it . these characters could not fit at SFXTK at all anyway. But we already have Krang from TMNT on pc version with mod. Hope that they will make a Shredder mod for pc version of it!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
SaltyDave

After 3 years of getting ed just because CAPCOM hated Vega in the IV series, here comes my Paradise! Vega will be top tier B).
SaltyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
Me2nice

There are non-tekken and SF characters in the game. It can no longer be (completely) called "SFxT."
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
Plasma Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2nice View Post
There are non-tekken and SF characters in the game. It can no longer be (completely) called "SFxT."
By that same logic, you can't call MK9 "MK9" because it has Kratos and Freddy. Maybe you have a point, but I respectfully disagree. Doesn't stop them from being stupid additions IMHO.
Plasma Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
Krackatoa

I think he was joking.

Unless he really thinks he's the Name Police.
Krackatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #23
UTROMSHREDDER

Banned
attention evryone

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc..._x_t_FREE?pg=5

Pacman and Megaman are not ps3 exuslive anymore! someoen who got 360 verison found that they are already in the disc and he found a way to make them playble! Same will happen with pc version too of course! Also there are 12 more characters locked in the disc that capcom plans to release them later as paid DLC. And because of that capcom is getting bashed now by angry SF fans.

in other words: Capcom has done it again!!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 AM   #24
exspes

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTROMSHREDDER View Post
Capcom has done it again!!
Ya gotta love the logic. Capcom: 'maybe no one will think to look on the disc for other characters' Hacker: 'maybe they'll have extra on the disc, that's definatly the first thing i should check for' hahaha. They probably wanted to release these guys 2 at a time over the course of months and months...oh wells :P
exspes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #25
cyguration

12 characters aren't all they found...

The game is ripe with DLC content and it's best to spread the word to at least inform potential buyers: Costumes, color customization, Gems and preset combos will also be DLC, even though they're all disc-locked and fully usable on the standard retail SFxT disc.

Capcom plans to resell all the content you purchase from the retail version that's locked, for premium prices. Most estimate the character costumes will come in packs of $5 each while individual characters may sell for more or less.

All the content will start rolling out for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions this fall. No word yet if the content is digitally locked on the PC version.

PS Vita versions will have access to all the disc-locked characters for free.

Capcom has yet to respond why the characters currently finished and locked on the PS3/Xbox 360 version of the game weren't available at launch since the videos prove (and Capcom has admitted) that all the content is finished.

Just figured the PC crowd should be warned about possible price gouging considering that approximately a third of all the game's content is disc-locked as premium microtransaction purchases.
cyguration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #26
exspes

To be honest it's a good thing. DLC characters = no reason to release a 'super sfxt' in a years time, means if i don't wanna buy DLC i don't have to, instead of being forced to buy a new disc so other people can use characters i have no interest in. DLC costumes are great, if you want them buy them, if you don't then don't. Honestly this is totally aimed at the casual market so there's not 15 versions of the game and capcom dont get flak for that.

All it means is that in 5 years time i can still play SFxT with the disc i bought against all of the new DLC characters. I'm really struggling to see how people can't see the good side of this.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
cyguration

exspes....they REMOVED finished content to lock it as disc-locked content.

They purposefully selected who they wanted to lock away on the disc. All the characters are finished it's not downloadable content it's part of the finished roster that's simply being locked for Xbox 360 and PS3 users who must pay more to access a third of the roster. All these characters will be available day-one for PS Vita users.

Essentially, Arc Systems, SNK, Rockster, id Software and many other companies have managed to include compatibility patches to ensure players with and without post-launch DLC could play with each other. This has nothing to do with compatibility, exspes.

They locked characters that would have otherwise been part of the full roster (many of which are ports from SSFIV and were finished a long time ago) just so they can have console/PC gamers pay more for content already on the disc that they already paid for.

In other words, I'll make it very clear: it's not downloadable content. It's already accessible and will be part of the main content of the PS Vita version. They disc-locked a third of the game's content so you can pay to unlock it later. You're essentially having to buy finished content that was purposefully locked on the disc. Does that make sense?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #28
exspes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyguration View Post
Does that make sense?
I understand, like believe me i'm not happy about it either but the fact of the matter remains it was this or 'super duper street fighter x tekken ultimate cross edition 2015' in 3 years time. I would rather have this, where i can pick and choose what dlc i want to buy instead of being forced to buy 3 disc copies of the same game.

Net cost of SF4.

Vanilla 60
Super 40
AE 40

On the other side, cost of SFxT is 1 disc for 60 and whatever you choose to spend on DLC. Even if you main 2 DLC chars it still brings your cost up to at most 70, that's half the price spent on SF4. Again, i'd love to be able to play every character in the game, but if this is the price i have to pay to not have to buy countless new iterations of the game in order to be able to play the most up to date version of the game then so be it.

I honestly see when they made the content as irrelevent, they would have just released an even less complete (glitchier most likely) version of the game in December and immediately started working on the DLC characters.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #29
cyguration

To be honest, I'd rather wait and pay once for a super duper version and just have all the characters.

Buying DLC off the disc means you'll never own the content. What happens when your account is inaccessible, servers go down or you plan to play on multiple systems? You're basically at the mercy of Capcom.

At least with a super duper version if you pay $40 for it you own it and if anything happens content you pay for won't be locked out.

What's worse is that gamers who support this trend support retail microtransactions. For free-to-play games it's not bad, but the fact that they'll be selling gamers high-level Gems, clothes, and preset-combos already stored on the disc is a sad day for gamers. What's worse is that the characters are already accessible day one for the PS Vita.

I imagine with DarkStalkers 4 the core game will be $60 for like 10 characters, $10 for multiplayer modes and then $5 for every other character.

A few years ago people joked about DLC getting to this point and now it has.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #30
exspes

Then don't buy it, wait a few years and buy the inevible GOTY edition just like what is happening with MK9 now...for 3 or 4 characters. If you don't support what they're doing with the game...don't buy it, it's not a confusing concept.

Honestly you're getting into laughable territory though 'DLC getting to the point it is now' what about SF2, CE, HF, SSF2, ST...first update: unlocked 4 characters already on the cart WHICH WERE INITALLY PROGRAMMED INTO THE GAME AND MADE UNAVAILABLE FOR SELECTION second: new colours and the ability to increase the game speed, third: 4 new characters, stages, theme songs and some new palets, fourth: 'super moves' which were reused animations from other moves and the ability to speed up the game (again), all of which were full cost games.

Mario bros 2 is another great example of 'cashing in' during the 90's, unreal tournament 2004 'a few years ago', neither of which are capcom games, different systems, genres, developers, eras, countries....game developers milking the games they make so they could make as much money as possible is hardly a new concept. Shockingly enough not doing this for the good of their health. MK3 is another great example, 3 copies of the same game in a year.

So please...tell me what exactly has changed, apart from the fact that now i can CHOOSE whether or not i want to spend money on extra content i don't care about.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Street Fighter IV