Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer

Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
NotCrazedGunman

Engie Wrench Suggestion

Here is an extremely OP wrench for the Engineer.

The Mother of Invention (or something like that)

Allows construction of Giant Death Robot
Buildings cannot be hauled
-25 max health on wearer
Hitting buildings does not make them build faster

So what is the Giant Death Robot? Allow me to explain.

The Giant Death Robot replaces the Sentry Gun. It is only giant in the sense of its damage potential - it is slightly bigger than a Heavy in size. To build it, the Engineer first selects the PDA and places the feet of the robot for 200 metal. He then must add a further 800 metal to the robot feet on the ground, with more and more of the robot building as more metal is added. Once all metal is added to the robot, it whirrs into action. Right clicking on the robot with the Wrench opens up a GUI. The robot's stance can then be set - Aggressive, Defensive or Static. With stance set to Aggressive, the robot moves towards the enemy Control Point, Payload or Intelligence. With stance set to Defensive, the robot will defend the friendly Control Point, Payload or Intelligence. Finally, on Static, the robot stays still.

The robot moves at 50% speed, far slower than a Heavy. It makes a huge noise, so the enemy can hear it coming from afar. It has 1000 health (a Level 3 sentry only has 216!). Its armaments are 2 machine-guns and rockets. The machine-guns act like those of a Level 2 sentry, dealing 128 DPS. The rockets fire every 3 seconds, like those of a Level 3 sentry, and can be airblasted. However, their damage is constantly 100 and does not spread according to the proximity of the Engineer.

When used with the Wrangler, the robot does NOT gain any damage shielding. The Engineer can control the robot's movements with the arrow keys, leaving WASD to control his movement. The guns are controlled in the same way as a Sentry.

The robot can be sapped by enemy Spies. When this happens it slumps to the ground and loses health. While sapping the robot to destruction would take a very long time indeed, the robot is a static target and can be destroyed by a Soldier or Demoman. This encourages Spies to work with their teams. Striking the robot in its weak spot behind its head deals critical triple damage, encouraging accurate fire. The robot CANNOT capture points, push the cart or take the intelligence. Other players must do these jobs.

So, how OP is this? Is it the most OP suggestion ever? I would like to hear your thoughts. This is NOT a serious suggestion.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #2

Quote:
So, how OP is this? Is it the most OP suggestion ever?
Yes.

Quote:
I would like to hear your thoughts.
It's beautiful.
4812622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Rologton

4812622, why do I laugh every time I read your posts?

This wouldn't work at all in TF2, but it's still an awesome idea.
Rologton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Statisfaction

Banned
This should be a serious suggestion

Alternately, I'd love to be able to get inside and pilot the robot!
and then get sapped hehe
Statisfaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
MnM dude

i like it srsly this is like the part when the blue monkies in avater in the robot that walks is good
MnM dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer