Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The

Old 03-03-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
KingOfThePark

The Sims 3 Pets - Origin to Steam?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but it's worth a shot I guess. I have Sims 3 and most of the Sims 3 expansions on Steam, as well as a non-Steam copy of the base game on my laptop. I was given a 50% off voucher for any of the expansions to use with Origin (the EA Games download site) so I figured it was worth a try, and I could transfer it to Steam later. So I bought, downloaded and installed The Sims 3 Pets, but I'm not sure if there's any way to transfer it to Steam so I can play it alongside the other expansions. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible, and if so how?

Thank you!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
turistas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfThePark View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but it's worth a shot I guess. I have Sims 3 and most of the Sims 3 expansions on Steam, as well as a non-Steam copy of the base game on my laptop. I was given a 50% off voucher for any of the expansions to use with Origin (the EA Games download site) so I figured it was worth a try, and I could transfer it to Steam later. So I bought, downloaded and installed The Sims 3 Pets, but I'm not sure if there's any way to transfer it to Steam so I can play it alongside the other expansions. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible, and if so how?

Thank you!
nope.. sadly EA wont let this happen cause they want to promote origin... if you really are a fan of steam to the point, you never want to see origin again, i would wait for summer sale and buy pets again.

only reason i refuse to use origin is cause i have 212 games on steam, and i love the steam installing it for you.. instead of loads of crap origin put on your pc.
turistas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Jalek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfThePark View Post
So I bought, downloaded and installed The Sims 3 Pets, but I'm not sure if there's any way to transfer it to Steam so I can play it alongside the other expansions. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible, and if so how?
The existing installs probably won't work together since Steam repackages them, but I'm not familiar enough with this game to really say.

You could try retrieving the product codes for your Steam versions and activating them on Origin. Most EA games 2009 or newer will work that way.
Jalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
turistas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
The existing installs probably won't work together since Steam repackages them, but I'm not familiar enough with this game to really say.

You could try retrieving the product codes for your Steam versions and activating them on Origin. Most EA games 2009 or newer will work that way.
you can add to origin, but not retail to steam..

steam is repacked i feel.. showtime only 3gb.. on origin it like 6 :S.
turistas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The