Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V > Steam Workshop for Skyrim

Old 03-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
NoONE1

Mod load order

I'm wondering in what oder should i organize the load roder of my mods i have 160+ lol
Old 03-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
real4xor

Well, you could use mod sorters like BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software).

:/ while I`m not sure if they got a working version now (since the last patch "broke" automated sorting).

You could still use it as a guideline to order most of your mods. Since it also shows a result log.
real4xor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
keiskay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by real4xor View Post
Well, you could use mod sorters like BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software).

:/ while I`m not sure if they got a working version now (since the last patch "broke" automated sorting).

You could still use it as a guideline to order most of your mods. Since it also shows a result log.
boss now works skyrim again, they updated it. so if you're lazy like most of us download and use boss, you can download it from the nexus.
keiskay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiskay2 View Post
boss now works skyrim again, they updated it. so if you're lazy like most of us download and use boss, you can download it from the nexus.
That is really good to hear, especially for the 'lazy' ones He He. Nah seriouslly BOSS for the less experienced mod user is a brilliant utility and even for the more experienced (lazy) mod users.

As to Beth breaking BOSS with a patch? even the author? of BOSS admits that some ways of forcing mods to work was 'bending the rules' Plus he believes Beths way is in fact the better way and that is why BOSS has done a lot of work to help other utilities to change to work with Beths way.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Jesse_Dylan

Is BOSS once again broken? It deactivates about 10 out of my 25 mods.
Jesse_Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Dylan View Post
Is BOSS once again broken? It deactivates about 10 out of my 25 mods.
New Mods? or older ones you have had in for a while, if BOSS deactivated them (I didn't know it did that?) I'd guess there is a reason it did as the list of which Mods can/cannot work together and what order they need is constantly updated.

I'd check whatever folder BOSS uses for some logged messages as to why it did that. I also believe from reading other posts that BOSS can just show you what the order should be without changing it, so try that option? it may throw up a reason as to why those 10 mods have an issue?

Also try checking to see if there is a recent update as I noticed NexMM was flashing a new BOSS list was avalable at me, trouble is I only use the NMM about once a month (if that) so the 'update' may be a bit old by now?
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #7
Jesse_Dylan

Hmm, well, I just downloaded BOSS yesterday for the first time. They're all mods from the Steam Workshop. It recognizes all but one of them and doesn't give me any error messages or anything like that. It shows me the load order, but then I go into the data files, and it hasn't ordered them, and many are unchecked. Even if I just delete a mod from the list, the list re-orders itself and unchecks things.

If I follow the list that BOSS gives me, order them manually and manually check them, it seems to work fine. I hate having to do that every time I subscribe to a mod or delete a mod, though.

I think it's not BOSS's fault directly, or maybe at all. I'm not sure what's happening. Wah!
Jesse_Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V > Steam Workshop for Skyrim