Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Old 03-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #31
CombineFrieza

The worst segments in the entire series were Residue Processing, On a Rail, the boat segment in HL2, the antlion portions of HL2 and its episodes, rescuing citizens and of course the final battle.

Also at this point its boring facing the same enemy in 3 Half-Life installments (HL2 and Ep1 and Ep2), I want a few puzzle boss... not a "use 100000 rounds into this enemy" type of boss fight.
CombineFrieza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #32
Haaselh0ff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombineFrieza View Post
The worst segments in the entire series were Residue Processing, On a Rail, the boat segment in HL2, the antlion portions of HL2 and its episodes, rescuing citizens and of course the final battle.

Also at this point its boring facing the same enemy in 3 Half-Life installments (HL2 and Ep1 and Ep2), I want a few puzzle boss... not a "use 100000 rounds into this enemy" type of boss fight.
Some of these were just long and were simply unfun at a point.
Haaselh0ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #33
Leushenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombineFrieza View Post
On a Rail
The silliest part about On A Rail is simply that apart from a few points at the beginning, the entire "chapter concept" is unnecessary: it's faster, easier, and in my opinion also more fun, to play as much of the chapter as possible without bothering to use the tram. Most of the side paths and reasons to stop justify themselves as ways to redirect the tram, or unblock the path... so if you aren't using it, you can skip large amounts of the gameplay.

I didn't like that chapter.
Leushenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #34
Dragonsbrethren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copitox View Post
I think i'm the only one in this forums who loves Water Hazard.
I didn't mind it one bit, and was actually surprised to find out that a lot of players did. Then again, I didn't mind Xen either.

Now the Antlion section of HL2, that sucked. I'm never getting the achievement for not touching the sand because I'm never doing that segment the "proper" way again. Once on my first playthrough was more than enough. It's faster and more fun to just run and gun your way through it.

I only disliked the Ep2 Strider fight the first time I played it. That was only because my PC at the time barely bet Ep2's requirements, and that was the only section that brought the game down to a nearly unplayable framerate. After upgrading my PC, the fight is fine, even on hard mode.
Dragonsbrethren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #35
Custom333

You've got all the wrong scenes. Escape to Red Forest and Sand Traps were way worse.
Custom333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #36
Lilgreenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom333 View Post
Escape to Red Forest
Ummm... you mean "To The White Forest", right? I thought it was good but not great.

Last edited by Lilgreenman: 03-07-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Lilgreenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #37
Quarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copitox View Post
I think i'm the only one in this forums who loves Water Hazard
I was bored by Water Hazard until this one part at the end where I kept dying. I decided to try it one last time, and I ended up going through a small tunnel backwards with 1 health. I thought "no way am I gonna make it" and that was the only time I survived. That totally made it up for me.

But I'm new here, so generalize away.
Quarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #38
Gloone

Banned
I didn't actually understand sandtraps on my first playthrough, I just blitzed it, haha.

I thought it was a necessary break in the action, and it made the payoff when you got to control the buggers straight afterwards even sweeter.

Honestly, I can't think of a moment during the whole series that bored me. Which is pretty amazing, actually. There are moments that I especially love (in fact I think the siege on Nova Prospekt was the greatest), but there's nowhere that isn't a positive experience.
Gloone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #39
MartinKhan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloone View Post
I didn't actually understand sandtraps on my first playthrough, I just blitzed it, haha.

I thought it was a necessary break in the action, and it made the payoff when you got to control the buggers straight afterwards even sweeter.

Honestly, I can't think of a moment during the whole series that bored me. Which is pretty amazing, actually. There are moments that I especially love (in fact I think the siege on Nova Prospekt was the greatest), but there's nowhere that isn't a positive experience.
Oh, I love Nova Prospekt. It's on the top of my favourite chapters from Half-Life 2. And I mean all Nova Prospekt.

Although, something that's bothering me, recently I've run into a bug in which the soldiers won't appear during the final battle at Nova Prospekt, until I get into the teleporter, when the Elites appear.
MartinKhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two