Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori

Old 03-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #466
Daniel199516

Thank you, nice to hear
I'm working on a creepy castle level at the moment, hope I can finish it today ^^
I also hope more levels will come until the TT2 release, even now that the competition is over

One thing I find a pity is that most people that play Toki Tori probably don't even know about all these great custom levels, I myself also came to this forum accidently
Daniel199516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #467
Dark Cyanide

GRATZ GL well deserved, I personally loved Box Paradox

Quote:
DC just makes too many levels too fast and with too high difficulty for me to have time to try even half of them.
yes, when I get rolling, I'm a map making machine lol, but too high a difficulty??? really?? well thank you very much for the compliment but when I make my levels I try not to use game bugs or super ninja moves, just evil item placement and they just seem so easy to me that I worry they will be solved by you experts in 2 mins flat..cheers and gratz again GL
Dark Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #468
Dark Cyanide

posted solution to HEDGEHOG HUNTER on its download link above..putting the finishing touches on yet anther level..lol..soz

Last edited by Dark Cyanide: 03-22-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #469
G.Lecter

I finally played Gooey Insanity and solved it in ~1.5 hours, maybe a bit more... The 'switchbricks not falling until you grab the 1st egg / drop the 1st crate' idea is very interesting, might make a map around it in the future...
I completed the level in a slightly different way than the solution uploaded to YouTube:
Spoiler:
The way the slurgs were trapped in the video is too devilish to figure out. Fortunately I was able to trap the slurgs in a much easier way, by placing a crate where the egg next to the stair is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cyanide
when I make my levels I try not to use game bugs or super ninja moves, just evil item placement and they just seem so easy to me that I worry they will be solved by you experts in 2 mins flat..
I think the difficulty of your maps is alright and, once again, the red herrings work better than you think despite we often use them to break the maps.

I'd say try not to go too crazy with weird item setups, unless you know there's a way to figure them out by looking at the map. My least favourite levels are those those that focus on a single egg that needs a weird item setup to get, because you know in advance nothing is going to work until you find the way to grab the damn egg, and then you usually can collect all the other ones with no extra effort...

The puzzles I like the most are the ones that focus on the order things have to be done. My favourite one of your maps (from the ones I've played) is 'Underground Eggstravaganza' hands down because the way to grab the eggs and freeze the porcupines wasn't what one would expect at first sight... I also enjoy a lot the symmetrical maps that have to be solved in a completely assymetrical way such as 'Incident at Chernobyl'...
G.Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #470
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Lecter View Post
I finally played Gooey Insanity and solved it in ~1.5 hours, maybe a bit more... The 'switchbricks not falling until you grab the 1st egg / drop the 1st crate' idea is very interesting, might make a map around it in the future...
I completed the level in a slightly different way than the solution uploaded to YouTube:
Spoiler:
The way the slurgs were trapped in the video is too devilish to figure out. Fortunately I was able to trap the slurgs in a much easier way, by placing a crate where the egg next to the stair is.
If you're able to solve it without
Spoiler:
squishing the slurgs under a rock
then I guess I just have to raise the version number once more.
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:47 AM   #471
G.Lecter

Quote:
then I guess I just have to raise the version number once more.
You shouldn't do that IMO... :/
Spoiler:
By placing 2 slurgs in the map, I thought you wanted to make sure that they couldn't be trapped under a rock. There's no way to know that the second slurg will fall at the exact same place as the first one if you release them separately (you can always count squares, but at the end of the day it's more dependent on luck than anything else). If you really want your solution to involve slurg-squishing, then I think you should leave only one slurg in the map...
Old 03-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #472
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Lecter View Post
You shouldn't do that IMO... :/
Spoiler:
By placing 2 slurgs in the map, I thought you wanted to make sure that they couldn't be trapped under a rock. There's no way to know that the second slurg will fall at the exact same place as the first one if you release them separately (you can always count squares, but at the end of the day it's more dependent on luck than anything else). If you really want your solution to involve slurg-squishing, then I think you should leave only one slurg in the map...
Spoiler:
If I do that, you can jump over the slurg, which is why I added the second one.
And, like I already said, you can get the top egg from either side, so there's still another solution, that doesn't require that kind or trickery or any fast reactions, but still involves slurg squishing :)

Last edited by moldy_tomato: 03-04-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added a hint for the other solution
Old 03-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #473
Dark Cyanide

Tyvm for your post GL
this may be super hard or super easy, was just playing around a bit

Quote:
Quote:
TSUNAMi TETRiS Download
anyone managed to solve Depth Charges yet?

Last edited by Dark Cyanide: 03-17-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #474
G.Lecter

I solved it yesterday, in ~2 hours... Not sure if it's the right solution, though:
Spoiler:
I used all the items but one one the ice blocks was completely useless. Spent most of the time trying to give an use to that block, and also trying to put another block at the top of the map but nothing worked, so they might be red herrings...

http://youtu.be/qca-xj8tg1E

Loved the map anyway, the only criticism I'd give to it is that it looks a bit overcluttered, and the fake bubble chargers were kinda misleading at first...

Awesome to have a new Bubble Barrage map but I'm probably playing some Test Lab or Forest Falls before that one!

---
Has anyone played Chicken Meets Phantom v2? I'd love to have some feedback even if you weren't able to solve it. There's a little change I could do if it's being too hard...
Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #475
Dark Cyanide

Oh Noice GL, a genuine alt solution, didn't see that one when I tried breakin it.and red herrings it was,if you didn't freeze it under the log you wouldn't be able to comple the puzzle, after I made the level, I then thought of the name and I decided to put in the fake *chargers* to suit the title..I have spent about 45mins on CVP2, I just knew my first solution was too easy,...had to take a break..coz it started to do my head in ..will continue to try to solve it...
@BB Stairway looked great, loved the stairway but man I had a hell of a time trying to freeze those lil suckers on the steps, think I might of broke my rewind button, lol...
posted intended solution to Depth Charges on its download link above.putting the finishing touches on a new level named ATLANTIS, expecting heaps of breaks and was thinking ( competition style ) whoever comes up with a solution that uses the least items will have created the official solution for the map, what do you guys think?.. and it'll be my last level for some time

Last edited by Dark Cyanide: 03-22-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #476
Dark Cyanide

dunno if this is the intended solution or not GL

Chicken Meets Phantom V2 Solution
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #477
G.Lecter

Absolutely not...
Chicken Meets Phantom

This change should have blocked most (if not all) the undesired solutions... I have even removed one of the switchbricks added in version 2!

Last edited by G.Lecter: 03-08-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #478
moldy_tomato

I've got a new level for you to break:

Warped Symmetry (version 6)

It's a symmetric level, where your only items are the Telewarp and the Freeze-O-Matic, but both of them have unlimited uses.

Last edited by moldy_tomato: 03-14-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: link updated
Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #479
BlinkyBlink

Cool more new levels! and they seem to take a new direction too. I have to catch up quite a bit!

BTW, Two Tribes Pack codes have been sent, so check your messages

edit:
Just noticed we have 49 custom levels in the database ! Yay! Now Who's going to post the 50th one ?

Last edited by BlinkyBlink: 03-07-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added total level count bit
BlinkyBlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #480
Dark Cyanide

bout 10 mins to solve, noice level design
Warped Symmetry Solution?

Last edited by Dark Cyanide: 03-08-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori