Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #466
StreetFighter

Banned
Yeah, I have. If you don't care about what game to play then stop waiting and buy FlatOut 3 instead. It has achievements too and has a colorful icon.

BTW thnx for honest response that you don't need the game itself.
StreetFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #467
Djinjifila

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetFighter View Post
Yeah, I have. If you don't care about what game to play then stop waiting and buy FlatOut 3 instead. It has achievements too and has a colorful icon.

BTW thnx for honest response that you don't need the game itself.
Wow... you've got nothing better to do, huh? I want to buy BG ( and all the games from the D&D collection ) on Steam because 99% of my PC games are on Steam. I couldn't care less about achievements. BG, Planescape Torment, Icewind dale are all games that I want to have in collection on Steam. Now shut yo' damn mouth and get out.
Djinjifila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #468
StreetFighter

Banned
Quote:
99% of my PC games are on Steam
What's wrong with adding BG games to that 1%? Registering on GOG/GG is free.
Quote:
I want to have in collection on Steam
And I want an apartment in Time Warner Plaza.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #469
Djinjifila

Quote:
What's wrong with adding BG games to that 1%? Registering on GOG/GG is free.

And I want an apartment in Time Warner Plaza.
What's wrong with learning how to spell correctly?

It's how I see it pal. I want all my PC games on Steam. Not gonna bother with you anymore.
Djinjifila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #470
moizeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinjifila View Post

It's how I see it pal. I want all my PC games on Steam. Not gonna bother with you anymore.
I agree. I like having games on Steam. Let the fool think what he wants, he must be a console convert.
moizeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #471
StreetFighter

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by moizeus View Post
I agree. I like having games on Steam. Let the fool think what he wants, he must be a console convert.
LOL it's you steam hamsters are console-typed converts. Client, achievements, slavery - all signs of consolness.

Because preferring DRM free to DRM in a PC game is sooo console.....
Quote:
What's wrong with not being a ?
Old 03-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #472
Pheace

Quote:
LOL it's you steam hamsters are console-typed converts. Client, achievements, slavery - all signs of consolness.

Because preferring DRM free to DRM in a PC game is sooo console.....

What's wrong with not being a ?

If you have so much angst over the Steam DRM, why are you here?

People are giving you reasons why they prefer having it on Steam over Gog and others, and you come back calling them hamsters, apparently unable to see their point of view.
Pheace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #473
StreetFighter

Banned
Quote:
People are giving you reasons
The only reason I've heard is "I want". Amazing solid reason.

Keep wanting. Atari has much bigger problems than adding 12 year old RPG for a 20 steam Hammer Legion Members who still hasn't bought the game after all these years (that's how you want the game lol).

I could understand if the game wouldn't be available via digital or would be with TAGES and 3 activations on other stores. But being available since a while, without DRM and with goodies - you must be some very hardcore steam worshipper not to get those versions.

Last edited by StreetFighter: 03-06-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #474
Pheace

Quote:

Keep wanting. Atari has much bigger problems than adding 12 year old RPG for a 20 steam Hammer Legion Members who still hasn't bought the game after all these years (that's how you want the game lol).
Which is complete dribble since if that was the case then they wouldn't have bothered to put it in Gog/Gamersgate/Impulse etc after 11 years.

And what exactly is wrong with 'I want' as a reason? Games are luxury goods, they're not necessities. Luxury goods are all about 'wants'.
Pheace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #475
ScottPickrell

<!-- March 5, 2012 -->
<!-- Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine -->
<!-- "She left me to die. YOU left me to die. But Shar... Shar wanted me to live." -->

At the bottom:
<!-- "If you wish me dead, brother, it must be by your hand. No one else." -->
ScottPickrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #476
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:

I could understand if the game wouldn't be available via digital or would be with TAGES and 3 activations on other stores. But being available since a while, without DRM and with goodies - you must be some very hardcore steam worshipper not to get those versions.
You lack a stunning amount of empathy.

If people want it on Steam, that's their choice, whether it's convenient for them, or whatever. It is simply not your place to say.

I personally won't buy it on Steam, as I already have it, but at least show some courtesy and respect.
crunchyfrog555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #477
lycanravioli

Reasons to want BG2 on Steam

Since you wanted reasons - I've listed a few.

And before you go mouthing off about anti-piracy measures and being cheapskates and we should all just get it DRM free and assorted nonsense, I already own a copy of BG2 complete (SoA and ToB) in a retail package that I paid full price for in 2003. However, this being 2012 I prefer to:

1. Not have to swap CDs 5 times every time I install BG2 including ToB

2. Not have to secret away save files somewhere every time I re-install. In other words, Steam Backup. Try it once - it's stupidly easy and convenient.

3. Not keep up my futile hunt for my ToB CD - I seem to have misplaced it during the last time I moved house. A digital copy would be great, as I'm now playing just SoA until I can find the expansion CD (not that this doesn't have upsides, like the loading screen and music for example). This point obviously works in favour of both Steam and GOG as digital distribution platforms.

4. I HAVE tried GOG - I own Icewind Dale Complete on GOG. The freebies and extras were nice, but there's no easy way to back up and restore. I'll be buying a new laptop soon and I already know that transferring my Icewind Dale saves and characters is going to be a pain. I don't look forward to it. Yes, I'm lazy.

5. And lastly, the clincher for me and really the main reason I want BG1 and BG2 on Steam:

STEAM WORKSHOP

What utter joy it would be if the mods for BG2 were even half as well organised and accessible as they are for Skyrim...
lycanravioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #478
Dramonicous

it would be awesome if u can join friend games thru steam!
only reason i stopped playing bg2 (and only pick it up once every 2-3 yrs) was that none of my friends were playing it online anymore.

so steam i urge u to warrant another 3rd purchase

time for my immortal lvl 40 swashbuckler to live again! (maxed AC among other things, can only take slight dmg from ToB final boss)

Last edited by Dramonicous: 03-11-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Dramonicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #479
dave_

Wow that would be amazing!
dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #480
paratech2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycanravioli View Post
Since you wanted reasons - I've listed a few.

And before you go mouthing off about anti-piracy measures and being cheapskates and we should all just get it DRM free and assorted nonsense, I already own a copy of BG2 complete (SoA and ToB) in a retail package that I paid full price for in 2003. However, this being 2012 I prefer to:

1. Not have to swap CDs 5 times every time I install BG2 including ToB

2. Not have to secret away save files somewhere every time I re-install. In other words, Steam Backup. Try it once - it's stupidly easy and convenient.

3. Not keep up my futile hunt for my ToB CD - I seem to have misplaced it during the last time I moved house. A digital copy would be great, as I'm now playing just SoA until I can find the expansion CD (not that this doesn't have upsides, like the loading screen and music for example). This point obviously works in favour of both Steam and GOG as digital distribution platforms.

4. I HAVE tried GOG - I own Icewind Dale Complete on GOG. The freebies and extras were nice, but there's no easy way to back up and restore. I'll be buying a new laptop soon and I already know that transferring my Icewind Dale saves and characters is going to be a pain. I don't look forward to it. Yes, I'm lazy.

5. And lastly, the clincher for me and really the main reason I want BG1 and BG2 on Steam:

STEAM WORKSHOP

What utter joy it would be if the mods for BG2 were even half as well organised and accessible as they are for Skyrim...
Unless you imagine Good ole games going bankrupt, which could happen to any company, you can redownload games from Good ole Games just like Steam. I fail to see the difference between GoG and Steam.

As far as backups, why not buy a 1 TB external hard drive and back up Steam and GoG purchases? I'm doing that with a 1.5 TB drive and a 500 GB drive.

I also don't like putting all my eggs into one basket. I prefer using Steam, Retail, Good ole games, and Gamer's Gate. The more choices consumers have the better.
paratech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion