Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #316
mad.Dexter

want steam for windows mobile ={
mad.Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #317
Fleet Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
You all may recognize me as the webOS die-hard who started the petition. Many of you trolled the poll, which I designed to have plenty of bull answers to keep you sort entertained with

In any case, I've been in chats with eto and he has shown me a preliminary Steam Mobile app working in the webOS emulation tool. That is pretty awesome for him having only worked on it for a few hours time.

I was willing to send him my only cellphone to develop and test on, because I wanted this for webOS and the steam community. Fortunately, he got hold of another Pixi, but the point still stands.

How badly do you want this? If you want it badly enough, don't be shy. Offer help, offer 5$ through paypal, offer to let him borrow a device to develop on.

Let us not be selfish. Do I have some trepidation? Sure, I don't know this man personally, but I believe he is doing this in good faith.
I have no problem giving a few bucks to a developer who makes a great product for us, you or eto post a paypal account to give to and I'll donate.

I think everyone who signed should think about a $5 donation. If this thing picks up enough steam, maybe Valve will even give up the chat feature to eto if this gets enough support and we can have full integration.

Just let us know what we can do, I think you'll get enough support.
Fleet Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #318
calculon

/signed
I would prefer an *official* Steam app for WP7.
calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #319
Saijin_Naib

Foreign Legion: BoB forum
Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Fox View Post
I have no problem giving a few bucks to a developer who makes a great product for us, you or eto post a paypal account to give to and I'll donate.

I think everyone who signed should think about a $5 donation. If this thing picks up enough steam, maybe Valve will even give up the chat feature to eto if this gets enough support and we can have full integration.

Thanks Fleet! I'm just a messenger/coordinator, I don't know how to program. All help (donations, test hardware, etc) should be directed toward eto.

My hope for this (The Windows Phone 7) and the webOS version is that if Valve sees the amount of users behind it, and the quality, that they will allow eto to use the private APIs and allow him to develop these 3rd party apps into official apps. Farming it out, as it were. I've seen this done a few times on webOS already.

Hopefully, hopefully.
Saijin_Naib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #320
CozmicShredder

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Fox View Post

There are already WP7 Steam apps that meet to the limitations of an app there is nothing else anyone can do as Valve doesn't allow access to their chat system or the User Authentication/Connect...

So really making another app that only allows you to see your friends and what's available in the stores is already available in the WP7 Marketplace just search for Steam... But good luck anyways as I am wanting the real deal not some knock off! And I do appreciate the apps that were already made without someone asking for donations... Why not offer to donate to the guys that already made the apps??
CozmicShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #321
Antar Bolaeisk

I would also be in support of an app for wp7

Valve, please put the brakes on HL3 so you can work on this instead, we don't mind waiting on the next instalment in Gordon's adventures.
Antar Bolaeisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #322
etodvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozmicShredder View Post
There are already WP7 Steam apps that meet to the limitations of an app there is nothing else anyone can do as Valve doesn't allow access to their chat system or the User Authentication/Connect...

So really making another app that only allows you to see your friends and what's available in the stores is already available in the WP7 Marketplace just search for Steam... But good luck anyways as I am wanting the real deal not some knock off! And I do appreciate the apps that were already made without someone asking for donations... Why not offer to donate to the guys that already made the apps??
This simply isn't true, I have found a way around the chat issue, the app i have in mind, if i am truly unable to offer true steam chat, i will at the VERY least be able to provide chat between fellow WP7 and WebOS mobile users. If anyone is interested in helping me work towards this goal please add me as a friend on steam etodvs05 or Devious, my paypal is etodvs05@hotmail.com and I am making great strides with the webOS app currently and ALL help is very much appreciated.
etodvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #323
CozmicShredder

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by etodvs View Post
This simply isn't true, I have found a way around the chat issue, the app i have in mind, if i am truly unable to offer true steam chat, i will at the VERY least be able to provide chat between fellow WP7 and WebOS mobile users. If anyone is interested in helping me work towards this goal please add me as a friend on steam etodvs05 or Devious, my paypal is etodvs05@hotmail.com and I am making great strides with the webOS app currently and ALL help is very much appreciated.
Seriously this whole topic is for the official Steam app not anything else... Really you should go to a Windows Phone 7 Forums and post about this not in a request forums for the Official Steam App!
CozmicShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #324
etodvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozmicShredder View Post
Seriously this whole topic is for the official Steam app not anything else... Really you should go to a Windows Phone 7 Forums and post about this not in a request forums for the Official Steam App!
I don't understand what your problem is, you seem to be the only one who has an issue with me offering my time to develop and app, Valve has not responded to 22 pages worth of responses, obviously they are not able and or willing to put the time & money into the development at this time. There are others who actually want to see a mobile app made, you on the other hand seem to like to shoot down ideas because for some reason you view my work as a scam? I will continue my development regardless of your distaste towards it and I encourage anyone who IS interested in a community made app to fill the gap to add me to their friends.
etodvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #325
dUKe-Fluke

Yes please Valve, let's have an 'official' Steam client app for WP7, even if it is just for chat and news/scores etc. I can understand why using WP7 as a gaming platform (as it is with XNA and Xbox titles) might be too politic, but having a social link to friends and groups on Steam so we know they'd like us to turn the PC on and game would be nice :-) Yes, we could duplicate our gaming groups on Facebook or similar, but why when we're set up and ready to go on Steam already?
dUKe-Fluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #326
mcraven1986

I also sign this thread/petition. Please Valve, given your long history of developing kick games for windows, its a given that you should also bring youyr app to Wp platform. Come on Dear Valve, don't leave us out.
mcraven1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #327
dimi_gr

I'm not sure but having Microsoft pushing towards the release of Windows 8 and the fact that there will be a WP 7.5 Apollo update but after that mainly a WP8 release with the same Windows 8 core which runs on pc, tablets and phones I suppose Valve will wait and release a WP8 version of their Steam app. "Cross-platform" development (between pc, tablet and phone) will be much easier with the new Windows 8 since it uses the same core. So it could probably be that a WP7 app will be released after a WP8 version. Nevermind they will support Windowsphone in near future so I wouldn't worry about that.
dimi_gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #328
brent3000

/Signed
HD7
brent3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:32 AM   #329
Headcrab_Zer0

+1

Would love this on my HTC HD7.
Headcrab_Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #330
royaljayhawk

I was looking for a Steam Windows Phone App

I wondered if there were any plans for an official Windows Phone Steam app, and I found this thread while looking for any news about it. Count me as a vote in favor of a Windows Phone 7.5 Steam app.
royaljayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Mobile