Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > MLB 2K9

Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #16
lionsunleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frigid View Post
Why wouldn't it come to Steam? Lol?

Anyways - is it playable with mouse and keyboard?
Not that good from what i heard go buy a Xbox 360 PC wired controller from Bestbuy or retail store as playing this series from 2k9 learned fast Oh and by the way dont get the wireless controller back then didnt work so good. I hope you enjoy this great game.
lionsunleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #17
roblius

WOW, region blocked in Australia. I can't buy it : (
roblius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #18
lionsunleashed

Well hopefully a Admin will create a new forum for MLB 2K12 so its easier for others as for me im used to it by now but yes this needs its own not 2k9.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #19
lionsunleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblius View Post
WOW, region blocked in Australia. I can't buy it : (
Hmm im sorry this is not available to you did you try Amazon.uk not sure but worth a try.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
roblius

ah no biggie for me. I'll just get one of my American friend gift it to me.
roblius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #21
Griking

Is anyone having problems figuring out the controls?

I'm trying to play with my Xbox 360 game pad and I've read somewhere that while hitting the left stick controls which direction that you want to hit the ball. (up for a pop up, down for a grounder, left right for left and right). Also that the right stick controls power? Any truth to this?

Also, how do you control running the bases?

I know that these may sound like simple basic questions but understand that I've never played the earlier games in this series and the game seems to have come with zero documentation.
Griking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #22
lionsunleashed

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griking View Post
Is anyone having problems figuring out the controls?

I'm trying to play with my Xbox 360 game pad and I've read somewhere that while hitting the left stick controls which direction that you want to hit the ball. (up for a pop up, down for a grounder, left right for left and right). Also that the right stick controls power? Any truth to this?

Also, how do you control running the bases?

I know that these may sound like simple basic questions but understand that I've never played the earlier games in this series and the game seems to have come with zero documentation.
Ok let me just say this as controls to hit ball using the 360 controller right stick pull down and and push up to hit thats your power swing and right stick push up for contact. Your left stick is for aiming your swing. For pitching well that takes plenty of practice but left stick to locate pitch and left stick to start pitch may up and and to right all in one motion. For me some pitches i get lucky on some im ok at and other im good at. Just hang in there. But for running well im just letting the game control that as i focus on other things and then will move on to fielding and running. But for know just use what i have givin you and will report back for another helpful tip. I hope you start enjoying the game.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #23
elfishoiii

There is a small learning curve with these games. Just hang in the and you'll figure it out. It's not very complicated. Just a lot different from the old school games from the NES and such.
elfishoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #24
bassjason

Does the left stick really control aiming when hitting? I've played for about 10 hours so far with pretty good success not even using the left stick... it seemed like timing and pitch location controlled the direction of your hit.
bassjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #25
ProudTiger

Could someone gift this to me please?
ProudTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #26
ProudTiger

Pretty please lol.
ProudTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #27
Miroku

No Uk PC edition

There appears to be no edition of MLB 2k12 on PC available in the UK from any retailer. This appears to be an odd decision as you can get it on xbox and PS3. Also to activate it on the UK steam page must only take a couple of presses of buttons and you are away.

As MLB 2k11 is on sale is it worth getting as I do not know when 2k12 will be available in the UK?

Or are the improvements in 2K12 worth waiting for?
Miroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #28
mwhit166

Could someone gift this to me? Its region blocked on the store. PM me to sort out further details. Thanks.
mwhit166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #29
Matchu

Apologies....sad that my first post is a cry for help...

I am one of the unlucky folks based in the UK that cannot download MLB 2k12 :-/ Thus I am looking for a kindly chap(ess) to assist in Gifting the game ! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Matchu
Matchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #30
BLaZiNgSPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
Apologies....sad that my first post is a cry for help...

I am one of the unlucky folks based in the UK that cannot download MLB 2k12 :-/ Thus I am looking for a kindly chap(ess) to assist in Gifting the game ! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Matchu
I too am from the UK and I got MLB 2K12 PC now. However, like you I also couldn't order it on steam. I ordered the retail DVD recently from ecrater.co.uk
http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/14311067/...eball-2k12-mlb
Seems to me that this is being directly transported from the US to UK that's why they want an additional £3 cost for delivery. £26.50+£3=£29.50. Quite expensive, I bought NBA 2K12 for £14.99 from play.com. Would've been free delivery if it was shipped directly from the UK.

So gutted it's not on Steam this year or cheaper like the NBA 2K12 retail DVD. But I guess MLB 2K12 wouldn't sell much here in the UK or Europe that's why it's exclusive to North America only. But the game is totally worth it though. Online is also good, around 500-1000 players, not much but enough to find an opponent.
BLaZiNgSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > MLB 2K9