Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Football Manager series

Old 02-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
mwd_95

Error: Football manager 2012 is already running

When I go to open football manager 2012 from either steam or the shortcut icon, it appears to nearly start up, but then nothing. I assume that it is starting up because steam tells me that I have been playing on it for 3 hours when I haven't, if I try and open the game again, i get the message Error: Football manager 2012 is already running, and it appears in the processes in task manager. This leads me to believe that the game is just not visible.

I have tried verifying the game cache countless times and this seems to have no effect. I have googled this problem and it seems to be a common one, but no one has any answers. Some people are having problem because they are using a net book, however I am not, I am using a desktop computer. I have tried most of the suggestions I have found including the -windowed -small_screen thing but this also seems to have no effect.

All I want is for the game to work, my PC is not old and so can easily handle the game, unless there is something I haven't installed, and it would be nice if someone pointed that out to me.

The amount of times I have seen this problem leads me to believe that the game is either poorly made or tech support are totally useless that they have no answer to this common problem. Can someone please help solve this and prove me wrong or I will have to ask for my money back, which I don't want to do as all I want is to play the game, along with the countless others I have seen doing the same.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
johnhughthom

First of all, this is far from a common problem, and the majority of people that do have it are on netbook and can sort it out with the small_screen command, I should know I've taken enough people through it. And sigames tech support is by far the best I have ever come across, I don't know many other companies where one of the developers will try to solve your issues, just check out their forum and the number of developer posts. Call me a cooling device young male if you want, but it annoys me to hear people criticise SI's support.

Anyway, enough of that, I know how frustrting it can be not to be able to play FM. Have you checked the list of programs that can interfere with games on Steam? You could also try updating your graphics card drivers.

I an't really think of anything else to try, 9/10 it's a netbook resolution issue. If you can't get it sorted, I would advise you to put my faith in SI's customer Service to the test, and post in their technical issues forum.
johnhughthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
Jan_Scott

I am having this trouble on netbook, so how do I resolve it and also you might need to know I do not understand Tech speak, simple english please.
Jan_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
johnhughthom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_Scott View Post
I am having this trouble on netbook, so how do I resolve it and also you might need to know I do not understand Tech speak, simple english please.
- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2012 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM12 through Steam
johnhughthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
juanito225

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2012 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM12 through Steam
I tried this and it did not fixed my problem. Steam thinks the game is still open for some reason and I never had this problem with past versions of FM through Steam. Is there a way to fix this problem without sacrificing full screen mode? I like to play my games full screen.
juanito225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Football Manager series