Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Haunted Hells Reach, The

Old 03-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Feelgood

Servers online

Ok, I have a couple servers online, and they seem to work pretty well thus far. As long as there seems to be any kind of a demand for them, I will support the servers and the game.

The Killing Crew #1 - Inferno (coop) server set to Medium difficulty
The Killing Crew #2 - Battle (TDM) server with 8 slots

I created a set of forums at our site as well if there are any issues, please let me know there. I even went as far as to add a banner to the sites header.

Enjoy the servers...

http://www.thekillingcrew.com/e107_p...ewforum.php?23
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
greenbug

Despite being a little laggy because of distance, it's still a lot better than most servers i've joined, so thank you.

Also there was a strange problem playing on there today. Just as we were about to head into the Abaddon level, it said "connection lost". But then it was fine, we went into the Abaddon level, but suddenly everyone had changed character, had no points and no upgrades. Not sure what happened, but it was a real kick in the teeth.
greenbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Feelgood

Where are you located? Which server were you playing on? I will check it out and see if anything is in the logs.
Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
greenbug

England. The Inferno server. My name when i joined was skiddums.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Feelgood

I tweaked a few things on my box, let me know if it helps. The server is located on the east coast of USA, so you should get a pretty good ping without lag. If it continues, send me a traceroute to my box, and I will have my provider analyze it and see if there is anything that can be done. IP is at 74.94.112.97

Also, just went to check the server and the Inferno server was actually full. Sure would be nice of there was an actual web admin interface so I could at least see who is on the server.

http://thekillingcrew.com/hsfull.jpg
Old 03-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #6
greenbug

Uh, i went in the Inferno server again today. The character and weapons reset again on abaddon. I still beat him with my stock weapons though, challenging. But then.. it glitched out. Instead of bringing up map vote once i killed him, it just loaded the boss level again, but without abaddon in it. So the level was just.. stuck. :c
Old 03-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
greenbug

What happened with the servers dude? Haven't seen them up in a while, and i've really fancied a game of Hells Reach. I really hope you haven't canceled the servers because they were the only reason i kept playing. I cannot stand playing the game on easy or beginner, it's just not challenging enough. Not to mention they're pretty laggy.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
cybermind

they said they would fully support mods and release tools for this game and have regular updates.... I see no mods out there.
The closest thing ive seen is what ive done by modifying the INI files and making a low gravity faster XP server with more monsters spawning and slightly weaker monsters so that itd be more of a shooter than a beat 'em up.

This game is a flop because of the lack of mods / mod tools / updates.
Im jarateed i spent money on it because i wanted mods and more content, and this game did not turn out to be what i had wished for. it was still born
cybermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
ScHlAuChi

Haunted Game/LevelDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
they said they would fully support mods and release tools for this game and have regular updates.... I see no mods out there.
The reason that there are no mods is because no one seem to have bothered in making any, but thats hardly something you can blame on us, cause the tools are there.

Quote:
The closest thing ive seen is what ive done by modifying the INI files and making a low gravity faster XP server with more monsters spawning and slightly weaker monsters so that itd be more of a shooter than a beat 'em up.
Your genre definition is waaaay off, go read up on Wikipedia what a BeatEmUp is.

Quote:
This game is a flop because of the lack of mods / mod tools / updates.
I already told you before in another thread - the mod tools have been released in October 2011, there is even a STICKY in THIS forum! How you can overlook that is beyond me.

Quote:
Im jarateed i spent money on it because i wanted mods and more content, and this game did not turn out to be what i had wished for. it was still born
If you want mods, start to make them - the tools are there! If you wait for other people to make mods for you, you might have to wait forever!
ScHlAuChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
greenbug

I have no idea why you decided to randomly post on this topic cybermind, but i laughed at Schlauchi telling you what it is. He's right.

The only reason there isn't any mods is because there aren't enough people playing it at the moment. This game needs like a free weekend or something . And if there were some Official dedicated servers too, that'd help.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
Feelgood

Honestly, the game seems pretty dead to me, at least the multiplayer. I had 2 servers online, for a total of 12 slots in all. The coop server got filled ONCE, server number 2 saw no activity. If you cant even find a total of 12 people on the entire planet to play, what is the point of making mods or anything else?

In contrast, I also have 2 Killing Floor servers online, one normal, the other a hell on earth server. Both are full every night, and KF is several years old. Running stock maps, completely vanilla servers and they are full. This is not to bash Hell's Reach, just putting a perspective on it.

I have server #1 back online, which is a coop server. It is not an *official* server mind you, but it is running on an actual dedicated server box. Not off someones computer in their bedroom. So there is at least that, for those that wish to play on it.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
greenbug

I don't fancy a game of Hells Reach everyday, but i'll normally hop on it a few times a week. Your server normally fills up when i play. I tried joining battle though and no one wanted to play on that one x).

Could have both co-op, one with hard and one with medium difficulty.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #13
Scheinfarben

Thanks for keeping it open Feelgood. Everytime I join the server I usually get players pretty quick. And thanks loads for making the game on medium difficulty.

Playing on beginner gets old really quick.

You've got great ping for me and you've provided an excellent server, I am in your debt!
Scheinfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinfarben View Post
Thanks for keeping it open Feelgood. Everytime I join the server I usually get players pretty quick. And thanks loads for making the game on medium difficulty.

Playing on beginner gets old really quick.

You've got great ping for me and you've provided an excellent server, I am in your debt!
Youre quite welcome. As long as the server gets some use, I will keep it online. Just kills me to see a server sitting there empty. The dedicated box is located on the east coast USA, in Atlanta GA. So you should actually get a good playable ping from anywhere in the USA.

I was on earlier tonight by myself, and got my a butt handed to me.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
Scheinfarben

Really?

I might've run into you.

I'm Ersatz in game. You weren't Chr0nic were you? XD
Scheinfarben is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Haunted Hells Reach, The