Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
Squallboogie01

They were suppose to fix this a few patches ago, but it didn't seem to help. One way to fix the spawning system is to make it like the L4D system, where you have to be not seen in order to spawn. Perhaps not choosing the location your self, but letting the game spawn you randomly, as long as its not on a roof.
Squallboogie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
blazur

Heh, I'm paranoid of spawning in on Kharg Island TDM. The spawns are so bad. If you spawn on the perimeter near the water or the crates on the other side there's a strong chance an enemy can spawn behind in seconds later as you're running away. I basically spawn in and run backwards watching the spot I just left.
blazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #18
ravage386

The way I understand it,almost all games of this type without dedicated spawn areas suffer from this sort of thing to varying degrees. I feel like it would be fairly trivial in terms of coding and CPU requirement to reduce the priority of a specific spawn node based on enemy proximity or field of view. I'm sure there are going to be times that you are forced to use a "hot" node, but it seems that this sort of thing is not present at all based on the frequency it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooB CannoN View Post
But I can't count the number of times people have spawned in front of my tank in the very direction I'm looking...
It seems to me that any vehicle will dump you out in the direction you are looking. I'm not sure why. Freelooking to the side in moving helicopters and jets seems to reduce my odds of getting Bad Luck'd by the fuselage.
ravage386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
Ferax

2 days ago i was playing conquest on sharqui and B was being captured then i respawn near B BEHIND 4 enemies so i kill 3 of them and the last one killed me
i was like really?? cod have some bad spawn because the size of the maps but really??

today playing squad dm a guy spawn right infront of me so i knife him
was agood day
Ferax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
shruggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb2a View Post
Hahaha! Today I was playing some BC2. I went in for a knife kill on a medic. At that second he rezzed some guy and my knife killed him instead. Then I knifed the medic. The guy who got revived said, "wtf... YOU stupid F***!" without censor obv. I laughed for a while.
Well, that's fine. obviously the guy who rezzed should make sure he was safe to do so.
shruggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #21
SniperInABush

I quit using squad spawning after getting killed right after spawnin.
SniperInABush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #22
ravage386

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperInABush View Post
I quit using squad spawning after getting killed right after spawnin.
It's still faster in many cases to spawn on squad, instantly die, and respawn again than it would be to run there from a base or objective.
ravage386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #23
foocy.toocy

Spawning on claymores in BF2 by some jerk. No chance to fight back.
foocy.toocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #24
preefix

Yeah it sux. It wouldn't be quite as bad if you didn't have to then sit and stare at nothing for the next ~10 seconds. I've never really been a fan of spawn wait times but this issue really makes it worse.
preefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #25
Coquito

spawn camping can be fun at times.
**runs away**
Coquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #26
H E X E N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravage386 View Post
The way I understand it,almost all games of this type without dedicated spawn areas suffer from this sort of thing to varying degrees. I feel like it would be fairly trivial in terms of coding and CPU requirement to reduce the priority of a specific spawn node based on enemy proximity or field of view. I'm sure there are going to be times that you are forced to use a "hot" node, but it seems that this sort of thing is not present at all based on the frequency it happens.
Either that or it's very poorly implemented. The difficulty with these types of games is that most maps are 360 degree environments, meaning anywhere you can spawn, an enemy can be looking. 64 player saturation seems to bring the worst out of the system, which makes me wonder why the hell they didn't switch to a dynamic system based on range of enemies and the capture point. But even dynamic and random spawns can place you in LOS of enemy soldiers because of the 360 environments. There's literally no way to predict what area will be safe for how long.

Most of the real maps are fine with 32-48 people, and the corridor shooters don't suffer as much when the player count drops to around 24, but when player saturation climbs, there's literally no "safe node" for the game to drop you on when points are being contested.

One of the worst spawns I had happened on Wake, where I spawned on airfield and immediately got run over by a buggy. Now that's some serious bad luck.
H E X E N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #27
SniperInABush

Quote:
It's still faster in many cases to spawn on squad, instantly die, and respawn again than it would be to run there from a base or objective.
Cardio
SniperInABush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #28
NooB CannoN

Quote:
It seems to me that any vehicle will dump you out in the direction you are looking. I'm not sure why. Freelooking to the side in moving helicopters and jets seems to reduce my odds of getting Bad Luck'd by the fuselage.
I was speaking about how many times people have spawned in front of my turret, no so much about where I am located when I leave my tank. But I was unaware using the third-person camera or free-looking would have the same effect as pointing your direction towards the side you want to exit.
NooB CannoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #29
Overclocker_

If the game spawned you a little way away from your squadmates instead of right behind them, it would help. You shouldn't just pop out your buddies . You should have spawn somewhere behind his front line and preferably out of sight to prevent spawn killing, and note the fact that you are his reinforncements, not spawned from mitosis
Overclocker_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #30
Buick72

What I hate the most is the squad spawn. I constantly have squad mates spawning in front of me, or right behind me in the middle of a firefight. It either blocks my shot, or blocks my retreat. I wish squad mates spawned a bit farther away. Nothing worse than having a squad-mate spawn in front of you only to be killed by your bullets, or have them die to enemy fire that goes through them and hits you as well since your shot is blocked.

Aside from that, spawning in open areas is a major pain. Looking forward to the fix people keep bringing up. Kharg Island seems to be the worst, especially on C on 64 player conq... I swear, it's a death trap when spawning to defend it....
Buick72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series