Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series

Old 03-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
CombineFrieza

Need help installing the ICENHANCER mod

If anyone knows where to put the files in this mod would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Colonel Sander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombineFrieza View Post
If anyone knows where to put the files in this mod would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
**EDIT** Before you do ANYTHING. Make sure you Have a Fresh Untainted (unmodified) Copy of your game. Just in case things go bad and we can't fix it.

Ok.

1.(Assuming your ICenhancer is in a .rar file) Double Click on the *.rar file containing your ICenhancer. Highlight All Contents and Click 'Extract To'.

2.Extract your ICenhancer files into your GTA IV Directory.
Steam: C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/*username*/common/GTA IV/GTA IV/

Retail: C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA IV/

3.Once Extracted, Have a quick look at the Readme file as it will tell you how to add/change extras like Light Shafts and Motion Blur and most likely have other little tips.

4. Launch GTA IV. Profit.

If you run into any Problems, Post back here with any error messages you get and I will try and help you.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Colonel Sander: 03-06-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Colonel Sander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
CombineFrieza

I didn't copy it, unfortunately. At least the main folder.

The one I downloaded was not a rar, which was from the mod creators site. Which had just folders with random files, ugh... so confusing and not very user friendly at all.

I extracted the main, but there's these other files.
CombineFrieza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Colonel Sander

Quote:
I didn't copy it, unfortunately. At least the main folder.

The one I downloaded was not a rar, which was from the mod creators site. Which had just folders with random files, ugh... so confusing and not very user friendly at all.

I extracted the main, but there's these other files.
Would you mind posting a link to where you downloaded the ICenhancer from. I will download it and Tell you Exactly what needs to be done. Ok?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
CombineFrieza

Pretty sure I downloaded it from here:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/tools/icenh...hic-mod-f12578
Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
Colonel Sander

Quote:
Pretty sure I downloaded it from here:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/tools/icenh...hic-mod-f12578
Wow 250mb Download! I'm at work, I kinda think that it's not exactly feasible for me At the Moment.

From What I saw though. If you Copy and Paste all the Files from the 'Main' Folder into your GTA IV Directory, You should be all good. If you are still having problems, Try the Readme file. It should explain how to correctly install the mod.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
notdeadyet01

I thought you couldn't install mods on the PC version
notdeadyet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
Colonel Sander

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdeadyet01 View Post
I thought you couldn't install mods on the PC version

You thought wrong my Friend http://www.gta4-mods.com/
Old 03-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
Deadly_Target

If you're running the Steam version, I recommend using this ENB configuration instead. It's simpler to install, runs smoother, includes backups, and looks much better in my opinion.

To install it just open the .zip folder, double click the 'ENB Files for GTAIV and EFLC' folder, highlight everything inside the folder, and drag everything you've highlighted into your GTAIV directory, which is located in: C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\gtaiv
Deadly_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
Wetchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly_Target View Post
If you're running the Steam version, I recommend using this ENB configuration instead. It's simpler to install, runs smoother, includes backups, and looks much better in my opinion.

To install it just open the .zip folder, double click the 'ENB Files for GTAIV and EFLC' folder, highlight everything inside the folder, and drag everything you've highlighted into your GTAIV directory, which is located in: C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\gtaiv
Whats an ENB configuration?
Wetchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
Bad_Motha

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetchaser View Post
Whats an ENB configuration?
GTAIV/EFLC allow you to force certain commands onto the game by having a "commandline.txt" file in the game's root folder.

Instead of trying to use any special commands from Steams launch options for these games, the commandline.txt is where commands should go. Plus the .txt file method allows for countless amounts of commands, which are used whenever the game is launched.

For most mods and to help allow the game to run better, this method is strongly suggested.

Aside from the commandline.txt, this ENB config contains files needed for most 3rd party mods to run better and look better. Such as better shaders and a more defined D3D9.DLL as well as other files which allow for better visuals in-game.

Also helps to turn the in-game contrast way up and the brightness way down, then adjust your display if needed. This way the game gamma/coloring looks much more accurate.

Last edited by Bad_Motha: 03-10-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
CombineFrieza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly_Target View Post

I was using that up until I rebuilt my PC, I tried to redownload and it for some reason the file is broken.

Instead I've tried Icenhancer 2.0N and it this version just screws up the main menu/UI, it would be great if some one could tell me how to fix it.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
Bad_Motha

Banned
The file is old now anyways. As it is 1.62
Go >here< and download the latest version to date, which is 2.01

Keep this link, as that is where to look for updated versions of ENB as they become available. They constantly working on this mod to tweak it and work out the bugs. So it updates often.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series