Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard

Old 01-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #496
Prof. Pince Nez

Something like a "light show mode" where the points, lives, etc disappear and the game plays itself to a playlist. This would make for cool visuals at a party or some such.
Prof. Pince Nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #497
Goser

will we get anything new in near feature?
I mean there are so many good ideas in this thread, would be a shame to waste them.
Goser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #498
Schierke

Banned
I would like to see a disable button for the strobe visuals. There's at least half a dozen songs I currently have that are unplayable due to the strobe effect being too strong, even at 50%.
Schierke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:57 AM   #499
Nipaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schierke View Post
I would like to see a disable button for the strobe visuals. There's at least half a dozen songs I currently have that are unplayable due to the strobe effect being too strong, even at 50%.
though that % reflects how much points you get in the song, so if you turn it to 0%, you will be getting 0 points. :x
Nipaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:46 AM   #500
Undefined Chaos

Vibrate mode. Please please please.

Longer description: Ability to use the keyboard and mouse to control the game, but still let the 360 controller vibrate.

The PS2 version of Rez (another music game) had a vibration accessory which moved to the music, causing all sorts of fun times. The 360 port had a similar option to set extra controllers to "vibrate mode". Their buttons and joysticks didn't do anything, they just shook to the beat while you played on another controller.

I think this would add a new level of enjoyment to the game, which is already pretty hypnotic as it is. I started playing Beat Hazard for the first time today and missed that aspect of Rez almost immediately. Please enable a vibrate mode for the 360 controller?

Thanks for your time, Starg! This was the most embarrassing post to write, ever. But it's worth it if the feature makes it in.
Undefined Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #501
Schierke

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramit View Post
Oh yeah, and there is a problem of... When the music gets soft, suddenly it gets extremely hard because you have no power. There needs to be some handling of that I think. Maybe go easy on the player a bit when they have no music-power... Or give them a meter they charge up that they can use (on top of the bombs) to get through a slow section of a song... And also maybe make kills worth a lot more points when you're low on song-power. Something, I dunno It's not fun when you have just a pea shooter and it takes 5 seconds to kill one thing and there's 20 things on the screen lol...
I have to agree with this.

the ending of one of my favorite songs is around thirty seconds of nearly complete quiet. I've gotten to that point with two lives left and still died because I'm spawning 20+ enemies a second and my laser doesn't do .
Old 01-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #502
Desidiosus

Option to disable last.fm scrobbling for radios and individual songs would be nice.
Desidiosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #503
MithranArkanere

An use for all the extra cash we are getting is all I want right now.

For example, by adding to the shop 'consumables' that are saved in a pool of extras across songs.

For example, extra lives.
On top of the lives you can get and the life perks, you'll be able to spend cash to get even more lives.
Those extra lives would remain between songs, and would be used only when the recharging lives get used during a song.

The price of these extras would increase the more you already own.

For example, an extra life would be 250, but a second one when you already have one would be 500, then 750, 1000, and so on.

This extra lives would help with that one difficult song you can't manage to get done.

Same could be done with weapons, by purchasing extra ammo that is used when you use both the ammo you start with and the ammo you pick up during a song.
You would still need to bring the base perk for perk weapons, though.

Last edited by MithranArkanere: 02-11-2012 at 07:13 AM.
MithranArkanere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #504
securiT

Umm, please don't requote the entire summary post!

Apart from anything else many of these were added/fixed when BH was updated just before Ultra came out.
securiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #505
kcmartz

Another suggestion: A feature to, say, stream the music from Pandora, or Amazon mp3 or Google Music, or the iTunes cloud. Something like that (I don't use iTunes, I use Google Music and not Last.FM. I do use pandora, on occasion.
kcmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #506
Schierke

Banned
I feel like I really shouldn't have to say this, but fix the bugs in the game.

Examples:
-the completely arbitrary and laughable hitboxes
-projectile ghosting
-bosses moving their lasers after firing
-balancing of slower songs/slower song parts

and finally enemy/projectile 'hiding' make possible by having multiple enemies occupy the same space. Example: an asteroid stops you from seeing there's red projectiles under it, or a powerup stops you from seeing a homing missile.

Last edited by Schierke: 02-11-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #507
turkeyfiles

I imported all of my music into iTunes. All the folders are now sorted by artist, however this looks sort of confusing in Beat Hazard.

Starg, can you please consider a PC version update to allow to sorting by album / artist / song like we see in the IOS version? In this case showing a hierarchy as usual.

Thank you.
turkeyfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #508
MλRCO_XZ

Banned
An option to listen to any internet radio station
MλRCO_XZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #509
pokinsmot

If these have already been posted please excuse me

And just delete this. Goin through 500+ posts is way too much.

For the iPod:

(I dunno if this is already an option, but itd be nice to be able to lock the joystick in position. I'm always zoning out and draggin it into the middle of the screen, creating a blind spot.)

EDIT: never mind, figured this one out... DOH!

A 'next track' button. Either under the pause button, or in the menu that comes up when you pause a game. Sometimes when you're playing 'current track' or 'random track', the next song isn't exactly the best.

When you choose 'album' (or playlist, whatever it's called) it should be a folder, rather than just one long run-on list of all the albums and their tracks.

It'd be nice to build your own playlist in-game.

The ability to earn extra lives while playing and purchase them in upgrades.

I bet this isn't possible, but it'd be awesome if you could make this syncable with Apple Tv, and just use the iPod as the controller.

I had more but I just experienced a catastrophic brain fart, so I'll be back.

Last edited by pokinsmot: 03-05-2012 at 06:34 PM.
pokinsmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #510
Monukai

Well I only searched the first page of post since the OP has quite the compilation ongoing, didn't see these but thought they'd be helpful.

1. Some kind of message that tells you what killed you, at 200% visuals it can be hard to identify what killed you once in awhile. It's always nice to know what killed me so I can figure out if it's something I need to adjust or just screwed up and didn't see it.

2. To continue the last.fm integration, it would be neat if we could use last.fm to stream last.fm's radio in Beat Hazard, I guess that would be a bit of an undertaking though, since that would require some sort of way to input text or select an artist whose 'radio' you wish to listen to.

Neither of these are necessities, just thought I'd mention 'em
Monukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard