Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 03-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #2371
vesirott

TB, any solution for the non-spawning npc-s in the swamp?
vesirott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #2372
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesirott View Post
TB, any solution for the non-spawning npc-s in the swamp?
Seems that the missing NPC are not spawning do to info conlicts, I will be working on them after patch 6. Eventually they show up, sometimes after three or four visits to that level.
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #2373
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2222 View Post
Cannot say I have ever seen so many visible artifacts (without detector) but OK, I now understand what you mean
I messed up on the rate of rank increase, adjusted in patch 6.
For those already in game I will add an option to reduce the rate of re-spawn.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #2374
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by florin View Post
it's about artifacts. they're just too many. i counted more that 100 in radar.i'm not sure,but all this bouncing and glowing things
could lower game performance ? i got lots of freezes in radar and other levels with tons of artifacts.
The freezes in Radar and Rostok plus other levels is due to a mangling of the game graph levels, I never noticed it before.
I was adding Dark Hollow level info and discovered the level ids did not match the ai graph, plus two levels weren't even listed.
I ran back and forth through Pripyat several times without crashing with all the population present. I think that this may have been the cause of all those invalid path errors, at least most of them.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #2375
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celice View Post
20kg is too little. I think there are quest items which would be impossible to safely carry with that amount of weight limit. Nor would it be too fun.

I thought one of the traders in Swamps wants one of the new types of alcohol? Some quests want cossacks, some want others. Different flavors man!
That is why you have stash locations, GPS and in Collector you have droppable backpacks.

As you progress you find armor with higher carry limits as well as some arts increase it.
The idea is to keep your inventory low to prevent out of memory crashes. A good idea is to watch your weight symbol, when it goes dark red then you are very volnerable to cstack erros. It is a very good idea to clean up your inventory at that point. Also the belt is not preventing you from over filling it and crash, so don't add anything if no empty slot is visible.
Another very good idea is to not take alot of quests at once, clear some off before taking more.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #2376
GlowWormToo

Given the engine limitations...

... this mod just has too much stuff crammed in it.

You need to think like a game publisher: If the engine won't scale to the content, and you can't update the engine, then you need to scale back the content.

There are too many weapons, too many types of ammo, too many types of food, too many types of vodka, and too many quests that want all of these varieties of things.

TB says that our inventories are too full, and that our stashes are too full, and that's why we CTD. They are too full because I need 5 different stacks of things just to exchange them with Vein in DV for the things he supplies, let alone what Sid wants or Barkeep wants or any of the other traders wants.

As an example, why not scrap the entire concept of "exchange item xxx to get repair kits / ammo / health kits" and just sell the darn things for rubles?

If the engine won't support it, then the engine won't support it, and it's time to start actually making decisions to scale back on the stuff that really adds zero value.

My first suggestion: Let's agree that there should only be one type of vodka. Can we agree to that? Even when failing to reach agreement means more CTD's?

(Next up, juice. Can we agree to just get rid of the little boxes of juice?)
GlowWormToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #2377
begange

too many anomalies

Playing stalkersoup and its pretty good but i find that theres way too many anamolies, i find that its making traveling from one place to another very tedius and extremely fustrating... can you please tell me witch file i need to modifie to reduce the amount of anamolies. i also think there too many fetch quest that a really boring cause theres not much action to be had, i think that there should be more bandits respawning on every map to spice things up like in vanila stalker. keep up the good work guys!

I tried the f3 remover all ready but it does nothing, also i dont want to completly remove them all... Just most of them lol. not fun when you get to bar level and theres aboot 30 to 40 anamolies in the freaking way some bunch up together at times, its kinda rediculus... sorry for bad english

Also if i use the teleport feature in the menu will it screw up my game or is it safe to use, would'nt want to compromise my saves...

Last edited by begange: 03-07-2012 at 01:04 PM.
begange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #2378
u2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by begange View Post
Witch file must i edit to reduce the amount of anamolies...thanks!
Also if i use the teleport feature in the menu will it screw up my game or is it safe to use, would'nt want to compromise my saves...

i tried the f3 remover all ready but it does nothing, also i dont want to completly remove them all... Just most of them lol. not fun when you get to bar level and theres aboot 30 to 40 anamolies in the freaking way some bunch up together at times, its kinda rediculus... sorry for bad english
Teleport plays fine with myself....there used to be problems but these seem to have been cured.
I only use it to travel to safe areas....go into the zone...explore and then teleport back to safe area.
I have had a couple of CTD while teleporting due to out of memory but then I was probably carrying too much in my inventory.

Always make regular hard saves just in case something goes wrong

Last edited by u2222: 03-07-2012 at 01:54 PM.
u2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #2379
GlowWormToo

Quote:
can you please tell me witch file i need to modifie to reduce the amount of anamolies.
I too found that the anomalies were so dense that it ended up being too frustrating to play. If you look in gamedata\scripts\TB3D_Modders.script there are options to control anomalies. There isn't a lot of tuning available there - I just set the "min anomalies" option to true, which kills almost every single anomaly in the entire game. Only the special programmed ones are left (like the underpass in Cordon with the timed elecros).

Yes, having no anomalies at all is not quite right. But it's a lot more right than rage quitting.
GlowWormToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #2380
u2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowWormToo View Post
Yes, having no anomalies at all is not quite right. But it's a lot more right than rage quitting.
At the present time it does seem to be all or nothing....but....the zone without anomalies is just not SOC
Old 03-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #2381
MajorJack

So is the quest with the flash drive that provides the transition to the army warehouse already fixed in patch 5?
Cause Voronin now sends me to get a flash drive from the army warehouse in this questline, but I can't get there.

Or is the only way to buy the transition from snitch?
MajorJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #2382
u2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorJack View Post
So is the quest with the flash drive that provides the transition to the army warehouse already fixed in patch 5?
Cause Voronin now sends me to get a flash drive from the army warehouse in this questline, but I can't get there.

Or is the only way to buy the transition from snitch?
Not sure
Check Wulfric's post #2120...spawn Kruglov's drive if all else fails.....it works...quote

It's this one--Items, Quest Items, Bar

bar_ecolog_flash

Edit:
See also posts #2129 and #2133

Edit 2:
Spawn the drive in the Bar

Thanks for the rep MajorJack - salute

Last edited by u2222: 03-07-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #2383
MajorJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2222 View Post
Not sure
Check Wulfric's post #2120...spawn Kruglov's drive if all else fails.....it works...quote

It's this one--Items, Quest Items, Bar

bar_ecolog_flash
Good man, thanks! Reputation given
Old 03-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #2384
begange

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowWormToo View Post
I too found that the anomalies were so dense that it ended up being too frustrating to play. If you look in gamedata\scripts\TB3D_Modders.script there are options to control anomalies. There isn't a lot of tuning available there - I just set the "min anomalies" option to true, which kills almost every single anomaly in the entire game. Only the special programmed ones are left (like the underpass in Cordon with the timed elecros).

Thanks buddy

I was about to modifie my current suit the be more resistent to anamolies and just plow though them, but theres always that sneaky whirlygig just waiting to make you pay the price for your insolence, lol! Since there getting on my nerves all these anamolies everywhere, something needs to be done...
begange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #2385
MajorJack

Quote:
Thanks buddy

I was about to modifie my current suit the be more resistent to anamolies and just plow though them, but theres always that sneaky whirlygig just waiting to make you pay the price for your insolence, lol! Since there getting on my nerves all these anamolies everywhere, something needs to be done...
I prefer just hitting ESC and then F3 (remove anomaly) when trapped in a whirlig : )
Saves you the load time but this way you don't need to erase ALL anomalies.

Another way that permanently solves your anomaly problem is this, but be warned, !!!!!!!!!!MASSIVE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!! ahead. This should be used for testing purposes ONLY!

Spoiler:
hit ESC, then F4 and then enter "detector_elite_john" and pick up the anomaly detector that just spawned next to you on the ground and put it in your belt. This detector (called hologram detector in your inventory) is the most sofisticated available ingame.

Last edited by MajorJack: 03-07-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series