Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Xotic

Old 02-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
NightStrider

Smile Great Game - Impressed

I bought the be-mine bundle, not specifically for this game, it is not really my genre but god am i loving it! I have never played a score based shooter and i didn't think i would like the genre but what can i say except well done devs - i am loving your game
Old 02-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
WXPDarren

WXP Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStrider View Post
I bought the be-mine bundle, not specifically for this game, it is not really my genre but god am i loving it! I have never played a score based shooter and i didn't think i would like the genre but what can i say except well done devs - i am loving your game
Glad to hear you like it! Thanks for playing
WXPDarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
paratech2008

Yeah its the first FPS I've played through in a while. I snagged it during the Christmas sale and finished it quickly. I look forward to playing through the DLC once the first 3 are released. I have the first DLC that was added to the be-mine deal.
paratech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
Nelwyn

You know, the real key to enjoying this game is replaying the levels to improve your score. It gives you a great feeling to see yourself move up on the leaderboard.
Nelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
Pyronious

WXP Games
Thanks for the positive comments. I think you will enjoy the upcoming DLC packs -- especially Warp Field. It's my favorite set of levels in the game!
Pyronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
Nelwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyronious View Post
Thanks for the positive comments. I think you will enjoy the upcoming DLC packs -- especially Warp Field. It's my favorite set of levels in the game!
Mine too. I can't stop playing it even though I have no one to beat yet but myself!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 AM   #7
Ankon

Ok...after reading the last 2 posts consider me officially doubleplushyped to play the new levels

I´m really enjoying the pipeworks too, those cheeky 'minibrains' are hidden all over the place!

Paratech2008, Nelwyn couldn´t have explained it any better, the fun is in improving your score. It´s fun doing it and you always are left with the impression you could do it a bit better. Also, for me picking up flashy color bits that give you points never gets old (I actually have to concentrate not to stop and pick them up when I´m doing time attacks!)

Cheers!
Ankon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
Fluiq

I got this game because I wanted a few more first person style games other than normal first person shooters (which I have plenty of) to play with my 3d screen.

I bought the BeMine bundle (mostly for this game and the ball).
The ball was ok, but this game really surprised me.
Xotic always looked interesting to me, but I thought it was just a standard (but old school) fps game with nice colorful graphics.

But this game is truly original, when I heard you get rewarded for stuff like shooting in mid air got me exited, I always love making tricky jump shots in FPS games, but being rewarded for it makes it extra fun.
I like the timed levels without enemies the most, the enemies don't really seem to fit in the game for me.

Maybe there is an enemy free mode and I just didn't notice?

Anyway, this game looks beautiful in stereo 3d.
Fluiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Nelwyn

Quote:
Maybe there is an enemy free mode and I just didn't notice?
The bonus levels have no enemies. They are the ones with the little clock icon when you select your level.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #10
Fluiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelwyn View Post
The bonus levels have no enemies. They are the ones with the little clock icon when you select your level.
Yea I know, I said I like those the most, just hoped there was a way to play other levels like bonus levels.
Fluiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #11
Pyronious

WXP Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluiq View Post
Anyway, this game looks beautiful in stereo 3d.
That's great news! I haven't seen the game in 3D yet. What setup are you using to do 3D with (card/monitor/glasses) ?
Pyronious is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Xotic