Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Server Feedback

Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
malikbeat

SERVER CONNECTION PROBLEM!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

So the story is, i turn on Team Fortress 2 on Sunday, and for some reason, I cant find any servers when I attempt to browse servers or click "Start Playing". I tried joining a server my friend was in and I couldn't because after loading for 2 bars, the message "failed to connect after 4 tries" popped up and I couln't join. I tried to join a server while not having TF2 launched initially, but was met with the same problem. I've check that my firewall allows TF2 and steam, and I even uninstalled my firewall as a test.I have uninstalled and reinstalled TF2 as well and still no luck. Anyone know about this problem, or how to fix it?
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
onlyzuul

This is a router issue. Essentially when the router sees the game pinging all the servers it takes a crap. Try resetting the router. If you still have issues check the firmware and settings.
onlyzuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
malikbeat

I forgot to say, I'm not good with computers. How do I reset my router. BTW I play on my laptop.
malikbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
onlyzuul

Find the thing that provides you with the wireless connection. On the back side there should be a little button you have to push in with a pen. Push that in for 10 seconds.
onlyzuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
malikbeat

I'm connected via WiFi, and I'm at a boarding school . My location doesnt effect this, because I've been able to play before, and the people around me still can.
malikbeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Server Feedback