Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 03-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #16
eddyall-

I've not yet overclock the CPU, I want a good looking cooler that will keep it at a round clock, so if I can have 5GHz I'll do it but because noise is my primary concern performance at low temps is very important for me.
I'll probably have to keep this computer for a couple of years due to budget and the fact the government is augmenting by +/- 150% scholarship fees in the next 5 years or so.
Like I said I find shiny ugly, and a mat black heatsink would go very well with the rest of my computer.
Have an Asus GTX570 and I've already post the rest.
eddyall- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
Smooth613

This thread reminds of those guys that add all this flashy stuff to their Honda's and they still run, and even mostly still look, like crap and can't outrun a Minivan. Then you look over and see the guy in the stock looking flat black 240sx and I blow your doors off because my 15 grand is under the hood in the turbocharged engine and ECU, along with suspension and tire upgrades. Doesn't look the best, although not bad at all, but performs like a champ.

Performance or looks, pick one. You can only have both if you go custom high end.
Smooth613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
eddyall-

So if you don't like silvery heatsink you just stick with the Intel cooler.
Good thinking I like it. (No I don't)
Old 03-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
borg_7_of_9

get a loop, you can get good looking water block's, hose in any colour you like, things run cooler and you don't need noisy high rpm fans to hit high clock's and stay cool..
borg_7_of_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #20
eddyall-

I give up, close this thread please.
I'll just look on Google for benchmark for more then 5 min.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #21
Gamebreaker

I use 2 Dimms of Corsair Vengeance and I use a Megahalem which I think is a goodlooking heatsink. It is a top of the line heatsink in performance, and probably has the best mounting system of all heatsinks.

It comes without fans, as it's an enthusiast item and people are expected to have the fans that they insist on using anyway. I don't think there will be room for 4 ram blocks.
Gamebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems