Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Sentinarian

Heavy bolter issue online

Okay, I've had this problem from the get go and I'm sick of it! At first I thought it was a connection issue but now I'm doubting.

The problem is that my heavy bolter fires at the speed of a bolt action rifle... Deployed or not, makes absolutely no difference. When I'm looking at videos on youtube or even when standing next to people with a heavy they're spraying like crazy while I spit out bolter rounds at max 30% of the other's rate.

This is really aggravating as I'd love to play heavy but have no chance on doing any damage with it...
Old 03-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
FericJaggar

Have you tried alone, on a Exterminatus Private ?
Your bolter is heating when crouched or not ?
FericJaggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Argel Tal

Every time this has happened to me it has been a lag issue. You know like when it seems like you character is running under water. Are you having any of those same issues?
Argel Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
Elensar

The Heavy bolder fires very slowly unless you brace your character then you can fire in full auto. What you are describing you are firing while being able to move. Press your brace key you marine will... well he will brace LOL then all you need to worry about is overheating or running out of ammo.

Getting the cooling perk is sickingly awsome for the gun.

Good luck.
Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #5
FericJaggar

But he said "Deployed or not", so I assume he crouched with HB and had the same rate of fire.
Anyway that's a good Devastator weapon (specially for a first weapon) but very weak against flanking...
FericJaggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
Sentinarian

I have experienced no other signs of lagging. Me character does everything it's supposed to because I have no issues with other classes. Character moves the ways he is supposed to, gets hit marker for the few rounds I do put out and deploying my HB does hardly anything (if anything at all) to rate of fire. It's the one weapon I was looking forward to using and sadly the one weapon that doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to...
Sentinarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
megoblocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinarian View Post
Okay, I've had this problem from the get go and I'm sick of it! At first I thought it was a connection issue but now I'm doubting.

The problem is that my heavy bolter fires at the speed of a bolt action rifle... Deployed or not, makes absolutely no difference. When I'm looking at videos on youtube or even when standing next to people with a heavy they're spraying like crazy while I spit out bolter rounds at max 30% of the other's rate.

This is really aggravating as I'd love to play heavy but have no chance on doing any damage with it...
Here. I'll tell you whats going on. Its a known issue thats been around for months, and the devs don't give 2 shts about fixing it. If you hop on to the spacemarine.com forums and go to the tec support section, you'll see the complain in a few threads regarding PC slow down (its part of the same issue). Basically, you're screwed. You *might* be a lucky one and get some of the fixes to work (like rolling back vid drivers) but most people who are afflicted by this are toast. So, you can play gimped or not play at all.
megoblocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine