Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
TheSentryIsaSpy

Fixing the Pomson

After reading all the threads on the matter, I think I've found a way to keep the Pomson's drains, while balancing them so they do not punish the Medic, nor the Spy for doing what they are supposed to.

Step 1: Fix the Cloak Drain bug

What do I mean by this?

Watch and observe

As you can see, the Pomson punishes cloaked Spies way more than it should, immediately decloaking the Spy upon being hit. This obviously should be fixed, as it's likely a bug.

Step 2: Change the Uber Drain to "Stops Uber Gain"

This is very simple, change the Uber Drain to "Stop Uber Drain for x Seconds". Why? Because the Engineer has no right to remove uber charge from an enemy Medic.

It's a mechanic that unfairly punishes Medics, and even their Pockets for doing what they should be doing. Due to penetration, the Medic cannot easily be protected from the Pomson, and 10% Uber Charge isn't exactly small, all it takes is that 10% to lose the advantage your team has, and possibly the whole round. Not only this, but Medic relies on the Uber to help him escape in certain scenarios, allowing the Engineer to rob him of Uber Charge robs him of his chances of escaping.

This effect at least allows the Medic to KEEP his Ubercharage, but still punishes him for being hit by stopping Uber Gain for a brief period of time. It's still bad.....but not as bad, as it's not possible for the Medic to lose a full uber charge anymore, the Engineer can only prolong it by causing it to take more time to build uber.

Step 3: Fix the Hitboxes

Very simple, just fix the hit boxes for the Pomson as they are currently very out of whack.

If anyone has a video of this, I'd appreciate it.

And that's it, it's not much, but it at least fixes most of the issues with the weapon and allows the Engineer to keep his shiny little toy. Just eager to see what the Grordbort's Spy Stuff will do.

Last edited by TheSentryIsaSpy: 03-12-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer