Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 03-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
scorpio1948

New to Steam. I need help

Hi all,
As you can see from my start date I'm new to steam gaming, but old (very old) to computer gaming. I started out on the 'Commodore 64'.
I belong to the old school where you buy a game, mess up, un-install and re-install. Setting everything back to a new game.
It don't seem possible to do this with Wargame EE.
Also a few questions about the game :::-
1. Is it possible to tell a helicopter to land. I know you can hover low or high, but is there a key press that tells it to land?
2. Once you have used up all your supplies from a FOB, can you restock it, if so; How?
3. Can a squad of troops use any form of troop transport, or are they restricted to the transport they arrive in?
Loosing the ability to 'Restart the game from Scratch' prevents me from experimenting with Wargame EE, so your help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Scorp
Old 03-12-2012, 04:44 AM   #2
deanco

Starting over doesn't seem to be possible. Your progress is stored online as well, so as soon as you log on (which is mandatory) you're back where you were. Most people who want to start over really want a Command Star respec, to redo their initial purchases before they understood the game. That's not possible either.

Helis will land automatically once they stop over clear ground, with no enemies to shoot at. They take a long time to land.

FOBs cannot be resupplied.

Not sure about troop transports.
deanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:07 AM   #3
HQOFIQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio1948 View Post
3. Can a squad of troops use any form of troop transport, or are they restricted to the transport they arrive in?
Your infantry can use any troup transport (ground or airborne) that is available within your units - just select the unit and right click the transport you desire to use, they will meet and enter the vehicle ...

Hope this helps!
HQOFIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
scorpio1948

Thanks All.
Shame about the restart. Like other gamers when I install a new game I experiment before playing seriously.
Looks like I'll have to work hard to get the troops I really need.
Thanks also for the tip about troop transport.
Scorp.
scorpio1948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation