Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series

Old 03-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #31
Michael_IEU

Mass Effect was originally Biowares. much like KOTOR, Dragons Age:Origins, Jade Empire, etc. if it was a good rpg, it was Bioware. not anymore though. They sold out. Shame they couldn't wait til after ME3 came out to do it though.
Michael_IEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #32
aerial_ace

You people know that its nothing more then to model thats on the disc, no dialogue no eden prime mission or gun. Just the model u could do the same think with kasumi in ME2(only the game would know if u had her DLC and prevented u from using her), just u had no guns or mission from her DLC
aerial_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #33
Michael_IEU

Character is on the disk yet wasn't even started til the game was being finalized?

yeah you buy that crap. put some rainbow sprinkles on it too, the guys at EA says that makes it taste better.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #34
ParadoxSalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix210 View Post
God, I hate it, when people point their finger at the developer when it's clearly a publisher descision.

THIS is what publishers do. If you have a problem with gameplay mechanics or story etc, then blame Bioware.
No difference anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jderz View Post
God damn Bioware, what happened to you?
There is no Bioware. There is only EA's RPG division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bite View Post
I lol'd. Hard.
ParadoxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #35
targetbsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerial_ace View Post
You people know that its nothing more then to model thats on the disc, no dialogue no eden prime mission or gun. Just the model u could do the same think with kasumi in ME2(only the game would know if u had her DLC and prevented u from using her), just u had no guns or mission from her DLC
The dialogue is there: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...8&postcount=13
His powers are there, he interacts with all the other characters. He's fully playable: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...2158/3#9798352
it's the mission that isn't.

The point is EA's claim that nothing was removed from the game to be sold as DLC that was developed during the games development period and that the DLC was developed after the game. This demonstrates that that was at least in part a lie.

Last edited by targetbsp: 03-12-2012 at 03:26 AM.
targetbsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #36
richei

How can you say it was a lie? No one but bioware/ea has any idea what the real intentions were for that stuff. It could've been a last minute adjustment or maybe there was a glitch or something. Could be that they choose to give us the stuff in preparation for a future DLC to make the download a little smaller.
richei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #37
harley dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bite View Post
Good find. I think we need a thread with ALL the EA youtube links. Maybe call it EA's Epic Fail. I'm having more fun watching this implosion than playing the game.

harley dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #38
Anotherwrld

Javik was technically announced in November...and since it was ADVERTISED, they clearly had him planned out earlier. Saying that the idea to incorporate him and all his content into the game started at the very beginning of 2012 is a load of Lulz.
Anotherwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #39
ParadoxSalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by richei View Post
How can you say it was a lie? No one but bioware/ea has any idea what the real intentions were for that stuff. It could've been a last minute adjustment or maybe there was a glitch or something. Could be that they choose to give us the stuff in preparation for a future DLC to make the download a little smaller.
We can call it a lie because they said nothing was removed from the main game to be sold separately, when it obviously was. I think you're missing something here.
ParadoxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #40
SmellyLethality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherwrld View Post
Javik was technically announced in November...and since it was ADVERTISED, they clearly had him planned out earlier. Saying that the idea to incorporate him and all his content into the game started at the very beginning of 2012 is a load of Lulz.

Do you think they start working on DLC after the game is released? They do plan these things, y'know.
SmellyLethality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #41
Michael_IEU

Not according to them.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series