Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 03-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
JunkyFM

Civ 5 GOTY Purchase Gone WRONG

Yesterday, I (among with hundreds/thousands others) bought Civ 5 GOTY. When I went to purchase/gift the game, it said my credit card was declined, so then I tried my PayPal. Same result, declined. I call my credit company asking them what the Trevor Linden is gong on, and they said that they saw purchases from Steam, so it actually went through.

Now, today, I get a message from my friend wondering where his cop of Civ 5 was, and I am like... No idea... I look in my inventory, and instead of one copy of Civ, I now have two and NEITHER of them went to my friend like they were supposed too... I just said, screw it, if I have an extra copy, no big deal, I will live. So I gifted one of my copies to my friend.

He just opened it, and according to Steam, he does not have the GOTY edition at all, but just regular vanilla edition. On my end it says that he just purchased it, but when he looks on the GOTY steam page, it tells him to pay $50.

Any idea what happened and what the next steps should be?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
Robotkio

Right-click on the game in your Library and select "View Downloadable Content", it should give you a list of all the content you received with the GOTY edition. The game doesn't distinguish itself as a GOTY edition in my Steam list so I think the GOTY edition was, in essence, just a package containing the game and DLC.
Robotkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
JunkyFM

Awesome!... Thanks!... I will let my friend know as soon as possible
JunkyFM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series