Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Old 03-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #16
Mike Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonapartist View Post
Bulls*** Foocy.

Dh has a dedicated, wonderful community. Alot of its numbers were lulled away by RO2, and are now going back.

I'm personally VERY disappointed with Ro2, and would rather have my 20 dollars back then its unplayed entry in my Steam list. I did not like it, it was not nearly as good as RO1, let alone DH.
I have well over 800 hours into DH and loved every minute of it. As for RO2, its a terrific game too!!

But this is not the place to discuss RO2 now is it.
Mike Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #17
anelaidlives

Hopefully DH is still active, RO2 has proved majorly lacking to my experiences in Ro1.
anelaidlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #18
foocy.toocy

Concerning DH, the JR community has proved time and time again to bend thier own rules to thier advantage. Also thier custom maps are biased to a certain team I think most people will agree...
foocy.toocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #19
RaranTroff

Coolness I will check out the mod. I don't have much faith that classic mode is going to fix the call of battle crap that they decided to put into RO2.
RaranTroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #20
Mike Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaranTroff View Post
Coolness I will check out the mod. I don't have much faith that classic mode is going to fix the call of battle crap that they decided to put into RO2.
Go....... have a good time.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #21
fishster

I keep coming back time and again to DH, it's a class game. I could never get into RO. I'm looking forward to the pacific mod for RO2 to see how that looks, I can't do without my garand.
fishster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #22
MrFreeman

Of coruse DH is great, how long has it been worked on and how many patches ?

People have no patience, I am sure that given time TWI will patch RO2 to a similar level.
MrFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #23
RaranTroff

Really? Granted RO2 has a few tech bugs but the over riding issue with RO2 is the treadmill grind. I don't see TWI taking that out anytime soon. Even with Classic Mode I don't ever see RO2 being anything other than a failed game that tried to be too much to too many people. It didn't stay true to its root fan base.

TWI will just have to face the fact that they screwed up big time with RO2 and RO with mods will always be better.

The first part of this is what TWI needs to tell those of us that got ripped off with RO2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuiBesJNlEE
RaranTroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #24
Mike Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonapartist View Post
Bulls*** Foocy.

Dh has a dedicated, wonderful community. Alot of its numbers were lulled away by RO2, and are now going back.

I'm personally VERY disappointed with Ro2, and would rather have my 20 dollars back then its unplayed entry in my Steam list. I did not like it, it was not nearly as good as RO1, let alone DH.
Another Negative Nancy heard from.... A far better way to say DH is still fun is to say;

" I play BOTH RO2 and DH."

Which is true.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:35 AM   #25
anelaidlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFreeman View Post
Of coruse DH is great, how long has it been worked on and how many patches ?

People have no patience, I am sure that given time TWI will patch RO2 to a similar level.
Its a shame that this really isn't happening, RO2 has some good gunplay, but the map design really doesn't complement it, nor does the general flow of the tactics of the game.

The issue being that RO2 has some fundamental flaws, and once it became clear that they weren't going to be fixed, it was largely dropped.

The unlock system tried some interesting things, I'd imagine that they wanted to do something where it reflected the improvement you get as you become a veteran in a conflict, but really there are more intelligent ways to incorporate that, perhaps just with the player becoming more skilled!

I just think the unlock system really just hurts newer players and makes the game easier for more experienced players since not only do they understand the maps and the game, they now have better stats. Avatar strength is great for castlevania games, but not in realistic shooters.
anelaidlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #26
Mike Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelaidlives View Post
Its a shame that this really isn't happening, RO2 has some good gunplay, but the map design really doesn't complement it, nor does the general flow of the tactics of the game.

The issue being that RO2 has some fundamental flaws, and once it became clear that they weren't going to be fixed, it was largely dropped.

The unlock system tried some interesting things, I'd imagine that they wanted to do something where it reflected the improvement you get as you become a veteran in a conflict, but really there are more intelligent ways to incorporate that, perhaps just with the player becoming more skilled!

I just think the unlock system really just hurts newer players and makes the game easier for more experienced players since not only do they understand the maps and the game, they now have better stats. Avatar strength is great for castlevania games, but not in realistic shooters.
You are such a great mind.... Stop knocking RO2! You should create a game of your own design.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #27
AmazingRedd

DH still pretty much alive and kicking. lots of pubs all afternoon thru the night. The 29th servers are always full. come by fridays or saturdays between 7-9pm est, we have pub scrims (29th vs pubs). you will enjoy it.

- Pvt. Redd [29th ID]

ps: you enjoy that and decide to enlist. put me down as your recruiter.

Last edited by AmazingRedd: 03-25-2012 at 10:33 AM.
AmazingRedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #28
{NiA}Ninja

I havent played either of thses but I did play the mod back in the day and I thought it was a great game. Its too bad you dont see anyone playing it much Im thinking of buying the first one if its anything like the mod ill enjoy it.
{NiA}Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #29
foocy.toocy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Nomad View Post
Another Negative Nancy heard from....
Huh? DH is great, it's just part of the community sucks so much. Stay away from JR and you'll enjoy DH.
foocy.toocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #30
Mike Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by foocy.toocy View Post
Huh? DH is great, it's just part of the community sucks so much. Stay away from JR and you'll enjoy DH.
I'll agree that DH is excellent.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45