Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #12961
Orcelot005

Steam has been putting up some awesome sales recently. I'm gonna have an empty bank account at this rate!
Orcelot005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #12962
Traci

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDK View Post
Duke Nukem Forever 50% off weekend deal (again...)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/57900/
Eh... Hopefully they'll have something awesome at the start of next week!! I kinda wish they'd put Killing Floor on offer again (just a daily though)... I have like 3-4 friends I am buying it for when it does lol... that game was more awesome than I realised when I first purchased it O_O
Traci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #12963
Fick

Duke Nukem is not the weekend deal, Duke Nukem Forever is on sale because of the 2K sale, there is not a weekend deal this week.
Fick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #12964
Europhoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcelot005 View Post
Steam has been putting up some awesome sales recently. I'm gonna have an empty bank account at this rate!
Join the masses. I spent up relatively lightly last sale so my bank account is some what healthy i.e. doesn't need any emergency IV's.
Europhoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #12965
serieus1

Is it me or does it feel like lately we've been seeing a slew of Indie bundle games on the Daily Deal. No biggie for me since I've bought pretty much all of the Indie bundles, but the prices just don't seem right when you see games like inMomentum for $4.99. It's not that I don't think it's worth the amount, I just feel that the bundles have reduced the ability for such a game to make sales at that price since bundles (at least now) go from $1 and up. I wonder how it affects the sales.
serieus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #12966
OmegaRed60

Quote:
Originally Posted by serieus1 View Post
Is it me or does it feel like lately we've been seeing a slew of Indie bundle games on the Daily Deal. No biggie for me since I've bought pretty much all of the Indie bundles, but the prices just don't seem right when you see games like inMomentum for $4.99. It's not that I don't think it's worth the amount, I just feel that the bundles have reduced the ability for such a game to make sales at that price since bundles (at least now) go from $1 and up. I wonder how it affects the sales.
I feel the same way.
OmegaRed60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #12967
WhiteWolfe

Duke nukem worth it? Critics seem to hate it
WhiteWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #12968
raupi

I can't find the Duke on sale anywhere, how much would it be and where?

A trusted friend of mine told me not to invest 10€ in Duke Nukem Forever as it would not be worth it. As far as I've read, the game is not that great to start with, but many critics gave it an extra beating for not being a totally awesome game after all those years it was in the making. The forum section for DNF surely has collected many opinions on this game, take a look over there.
raupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #12969
postamt87

5€ is ok but not more, textures are , game doesnt look good, some nice easter eggs and monster but just tooo expensive :/
postamt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #12970
serieus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postamt87 View Post
5€ is ok but not more, textures are , game doesnt look good, some nice easter eggs and monster but just tooo expensive :/
I thought Duke Nukem looked more than decent. Sure it wasn't a stellar game by any means, it was simply mediocre. I got it for free from Amazon with my $5 coupon when it was on sale for $5, so I really can't complain. I think the only reason to play this game, other than mindless immature action is for the nostalgia. But at this point you'd have to be at least 30 years old to truly have the nostalgia of playing the original (Duke 3D that is, not the 2D stuff). I'd say it's worth $5, but any more and you're not really getting that much substance though the game isn't all that short either, just mindless.
serieus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #12971
Umbriel

Banned
Is Payday: The Heist worth for the single player part ?
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #12972
jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
IMHO not. [Disclaimer: I only played it during the recent free weekend.]
It’s balanced for multi-player [obviously] and the bots do nothing besides shooting [which gets annoying since other tasks are vital for success]; kinda like L4D [bots don’t throw pipes etc.] but you don’t have to do that much in L4D which makes it less annoying.
jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #12973
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
Yes. Most definitely.

True, it's not quite as appealing as playing online. But I have it on PC and PSN, and I enjoy it immensely.

It plays very similarly to L4D, but with the obvious background differences. But, it does offer more interest to me in replay than L4D.

You have half a dozen decent scenarios to play through (which are the same offline and online) which offer more to do, through the tasks you have to deal with compared to L4Ds "get to the safe room".

The AI for offline isn't so bad. It will frustrate a little when they walk in front of your line of fire, or do the very occasional dumb thing such as get stuck. But these are very MINOR annoyances, as the game's forgiving. They will follow you though, and keep your clean to a great extent.

So, on balance, yes offline is fine, and immensely enjoyable.

There are also the "level ups". Thankfully they don't affect balance (as you're playing co-op anyway). But they do offer a wide range of different attributes, and when you've completed a certain tier (Assault, Sharpshooter, Support) with their attributes, you can still continue to level the remaining ones. So, a total of 147 (?) level ups.

The only downside is the few scenarios will get a little tiresome, but I understand there will (eventually) be more, but they are taking their time. Those 6 scenarios are very good and well laid out though.

So, a very definite YES. It is worth it.
crunchyfrog555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #12974
Cleru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianLs View Post
bla bla bla
this is a game thread no effing shoe store so gtfo?
Cleru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #12975
Mob_zter

I got a Feeling That Mass Effect 1 & 2 will be the in the weekend sale,coz Amazon & Orign selling it for 50% off..
Mob_zter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion