Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 03-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
nikomon

DD40X Engine not turning off.?

MY engine will not turn off on my DD40X. I've already verified the game client which I needed 30 files, but it did not fix the problem. The RPM's wont drop to zero, but the smoke stops while using the engine with a driver.On the flip side I tried to Tow my DD40x over Doner Pass and I noticed the when you designate the DD40x as an unusable engine( checking the red box)IT still blows smoke and supply power.

Is this a development problem?

IS anyone else having the same problem or am I the only one that turns the things off?

Any post will help, I still love the game.

Thanks Nikolas,

P.S. I'm pretty excited to see the Freightliner is going to be released soon.Finally I'll be able to go over to the UK and pull some freight!

Last edited by nikomon: 03-13-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
arizonachris

I never turn my engines off unless by accident (hit shift/ Z)
arizonachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
kurabess

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonachris View Post
I never turn my engines off unless by accident (hit shift/ Z)
Chris,just asking,why not?
kurabess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
arizonachris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurabess View Post
Chris,just asking,why not?
Well, I don't really do much free roam, just standard scenarios where it's really not called for to shut down the engine, unless instructed to do so. Seems they are always running at the start of a scenario anyways.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
kurabess

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonachris View Post
Well, I don't really do much free roam, just standard scenarios where it's really not called for to shut down the engine, unless instructed to do so. Seems they are always running at the start of a scenario anyways.
Chris.
If I remember correctly,since I entered RW forum during RW2 era,green key icon next to emergency brake icon (lower right)was
movable, meaning key up meant engine on,and if click on it key will move to the right,meant engine off,or vica versa. I enjoyed hearing sound of engine starting up and smoke pouring from the loco. My key no longer change on/off after update to RW3, green key icon just stays sideways, but still function as on/off. Just a note. Thanks for reply.
Jack.
kurabess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
arizonachris

That must be on the F4 HUD. I don't use that. I use F3, F5 twice. Gives me all the information that I need. And "Z" is start or stop engine.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
DC Shoemaker

Nikolas is correct, the DD40X Diesels do not shut down, either with the Z key or with the control panel's green key. Smoke disappears, but engine noises remain, and the revolutions stay the same. This is true for TSX on and off. I expect Cesar will fix it as soon as he can. Watch his site at http://www.digitaltrainmodel.com.
DC Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
arizonachris

DC, the problem with getting a patch from Cesar is that it will only work on the engine you bought from him. If you bought the engines from Steam/ RSC, the patch will have to come thru them, kinda like what happened with Ohio Steel 2 (I bought that one from Rich, so I got the update as soon as Rich had it on his site)

I have Cesar's DD40X and the trio of DD40X's from Steam. Trains and Driver's lights and sounds update to the DD40X installs fine on the Steam versions, but it's a little tricky on Cesar's version.

I guess, bottom line for me anyways, this is a minor annoyance right now. There are a lot more major items that need fixing (Donner anyone?) Not to mention "SBHH" which has been happening a lot lately. I can't run 1/3 of my scenarios.

Last edited by arizonachris: 03-14-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
DC Shoemaker

Quite right, I neglected to mention that I bought the original from DTM. I'm never exatctl certain how a Steam patch works; they just seem to appear magically. Either way, I expect when Cesar gets a fix, we'll hear. Meanwhile, I'll just leave mine idling, like the big boys.
DC Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks