Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
D_Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 8
Lightbulb The Little Ol' Engie from Texas Pack

Primary

The Eliminator
Level 3 Shotgun
a great way to show the other team your gun love.
+20% speed on player
Deploys combat-Sentry

-25% clip size


Secondary

Amarillo Ammo Pack
Level 4 Dispenser
"Texas Ingenuity meets German Engineering"
Give selected player +5% ammo every 2 seconds
Does not use any metal

Cannot build dispenser
Cannot use on any player being healed by a medic
-50 Health on Player


Melee

Rio Grande Mudslinger
Level 3 Glove
"not since the elections in 1952 has their been so much mudslinging."
Alt Fire: throw a ball of mud at you opponent that blinds them for 3 seconds

Okay so here's a pack that hopefully gives the Engineer more firepower on offense.

The Eliminator gives the Engie a speed boost so that he has the speed of a pyro. (The name is a Reference to a ZZTop album and the Description is also a reference to a ZZTop song.)

The Amarillo Ammo-pack works more or less like a medi-gun but with Ammo instead of health. Because the gun does not use any metal, I figured making the Engie loose some health would counter that

The Rio Grande Muddslinger basically works like a mix between the Gunslinger and Sandman, and looks like the Engies normal glove, but with brown stains. As an opposing player, the blinding aspect should be similar to what happens when you get covered in boomer bile in L4D2.

Combat Sentry. A combat sentry is a Sentry similar to the mini-sentry, But it can be repaired,. Because it can be repaired it only has 80 health but only takes 80 metal to build.
D_Trickle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
robly18
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 38
Posts: 506
You do know pyros have the same speed as engineers right?
Ammarillo is UP.

The melee is justt....
robly18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
D_Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 8
Quote:
You do know pyros have the same speed as engineers right?
Ammarillo is UP.
How would it become more powerful?

Quote:
The melee is justt....
Just what? It's essentially a gunslinger with an altfire. and getting hit with mud wouldn't be to hard to implement in clinet side as ti would be like getting hit by boomer bile in L4D2
D_Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
Blastermaster58
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 224
Posts: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Trickle View Post
Just what? It's essentially a gunslinger with an altfire. and getting hit with mud wouldn't be to hard to implement in clinet side as ti would be like getting hit by boomer bile in L4D2
It's a straight upgrade... those are not appreciated by SPUF...
Blastermaster58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
D_Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 8
bump, kinda wanna see what more people think about this.
D_Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #6
TwisterLemon
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 323
Posts: 2,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Trickle View Post
Primary

The Eliminator
Level 3 Shotgun
a great way to show the other team your gun love.
+20% speed on player
Deploys combat-Sentry

-25% clip size
Fyi, the Engineer and Pyro have the same move speed (100%). This shotgun will thus make the user move at 120% speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Trickle View Post
Secondary

Amarillo Ammo Pack
Level 4 Dispenser
"Texas Ingenuity meets German Engineering"
Give selected player +5% ammo every 2 seconds
Does not use any metal

Cannot build dispenser
Cannot use on any player being healed by a medic
-50 Health on Player
This is upright confusing to me. Is it a weapon that acts like a dispener or is it a building? How long does the ammo regen last? Also, the downsides are very strong. No dispenser + -50 health? That leave the user with only 75 max health. That's awful. I think this weapon needs some cleaning up; make it clearer on what it is exactly, and change the stats; remove some of the downsides or change them to be less overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Trickle View Post
Melee

Rio Grande Mudslinger
Level 3 Glove
"not since the elections in 1952 has their been so much mudslinging."
Alt Fire: throw a ball of mud at you opponent that blinds them for 3 seconds
Seems alright. I assume the "glove" is basically the default wrench with the added alt-fire of throwing a blinding projectile? Do you have infinite projectiles or is there a recharge time between each throw?

Last edited by TwisterLemon: 03-14-2012 at 02:40 AM.
TwisterLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
4812622
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 1779
Posts: 11,035
That Shotgun is far too good.

But it looks so damn fun.

Secondary is useless and terrible.

Blinding is a bad concept.
4812622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.