Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 03-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Mabs

why have unit caps ?

i really dont get this in the campaign..
step 1- win some levels, get some stars
step 2- unlock something
step 3-discover you get about 6
yay ?
step 4-watch the Ai spam the out of you with whatever it fancies

WHY ?!

trying to do the last ? i think french one, the retake the central point.ok.
hind helicopters. again. and again.
ive shot down over 50 and stopped counting.
but im now out of AA, having had 6 AA tanks and all my AA Inf killed by Hinds. and its still just spamming them. cant actually win now

whats the ing point ;\
Old 03-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
Oliolli

The trick in the last mission of the 3rd campaign, which I think you're referring to, is to take out the HQs on the sides. The one on the right I think bring in choppers, if you destroy that command vehicle they get no more choppers. Destroy the one on the left and they get no more armored support.
Oliolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
zzodr

Yes the campaign is hard - it forces you think of different tactics - which in turn prepares you for online multiplayer.
And once you earn the stars - you unlock all the toys, so it's worth it.
zzodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Rørbæk

Whyle you are helping with 3rd campaign 4 play i would like to know how to get 3rd play off. I have tried about 10 diff. tactiks and diff. kombinations off troops and dont still get it
Rørbæk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
Stealth2668

Ya, it's pretty stupid. They can spam but you only get a set amount per campaign, so if you take heavy losses on the 1st/2nd mission, you're screwed for the next 3 missions.
Stealth2668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
Rørbæk

Ok Stealth I am danish so you now, when you say spam i dont really now what you mean, could you give a little more detailed explanation, i am really STOCKED HERE. Look forward till your answer.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
Rørbæk

Just to be sure we are talking about able archer 1914 agian.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Stealth2668

I mean like, they keep on spawning in units non-stop, when you can only build a set amount of units. It's not fair or realistic, it just makes it hard but in an unfair way. It's one thing to make it hard but when its cheap, it's not fun.

Edit: What's this able archer you speak of?
Stealth2668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
Rørbæk

the 3rd Round in Solo play is cald Able Archer and the 3rd campain 1914 again. and its there I cant find a way of finishing before the pacht spamming with tank even the newest ones. But may be one of the answer the other day i think it was from you said that if we took out the command wh. out the could not get new supplays so last night I trayed with all the tank i could bay just to atack anlong one side. so may that the solution. But thanks anyway.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
Firepower01

I'm in the fourth mission of the first campaign and I'm finding it to be impossible to win because I ran out of tanks in the first two missions due to heavy losses :/
Firepower01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
Chubz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower01 View Post
I'm in the fourth mission of the first campaign and I'm finding it to be impossible to win because I ran out of tanks in the first two missions due to heavy losses :/
This game's campaign sucks and is incredibly unforgiving.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just focus on and have fun with multiplayer.
Chubz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
Goriest George

Good strategy I've found is to take the hqs in zones down on most missions to either limit the degrees where enemies come and harass their troops. Easier to allocate defenses, not sure about it's effect on total numbers going to spawn on some missions but at least you're not getting shot from side.

Some inf with couple of tanks should do the trick and then just hunt for the hqs in all red zones. I've found this effective on most missions since I've yet not seen AI spawn hq's in and they're usually not defended very well.

It's pretty cheap also since you usually get reg. inf plenty for each mission.
Goriest George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #13
danuker

The game single player is like a Save-Reload fest and is very puzzle like.

Play through the first time, see how the enemy reacts, then load it up again and play exactly the right counter if you want to have enough forces to get through to the campaign.

P.S You don't have to unlock all the Secondary objectives at the same time to get them. If you need the extra command stars, you might want to play through the same mission twice to get Secondary Objective A on one try and Objective B on the other.
danuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
Rørbæk

I am now on the 30th attempt on 1914 again. And yes it is diff. but i think you should not try the secondary goal before the main, i am defending the river Rhin but using a lot of supplys, i am happy that have used all my 55 stars on baying new ynits. I think the points (killing) i have more than 4 times more than pact and i am still stroggling.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
Wizwoz

I found the key with this one was to ignore the two sectors on the hills and instead sweep East where you can defend against 3 bridges instead. The income from these 3 regions is similar to the central ones but much easier to defend and has a lot of FOB's to pilfer with your helo's and ATGM's.

Just make sure that you have a recon or two hidden on the western approach to your starting sectors as they can sneak round and flank you. The enemy is very helo happy as well on this one so having a few SAM launcher's located near your forward FOB's is useful. I built 3 FOB's at my original sector to feed a few artillery units which can be devastating when the enemy attempt to cross a bridge. By using forest to cover your leo 2's and challengers with a supply helo parked behind them they are almost unbreakable firing onto the bridges. By controlling these sectors you will have the necessary income and base to strike at the secondary objectives and take out the command centres to limit reinforcements. I did this one in 3 attempts wasn't as bad as I thought.
Wizwoz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation