Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
lgm1979

Virtual Pool 4

According to Celeris' VP4 FB page, we should be seeing it come to Steam.

http://www.facebook.com/VirtualPool4

Anyone who's played any of the Virtual Pool games knows how awesome this is! These are the only pool games that have proper, realistic physics.

Anybody else excited for this? I still play VP3, and it's been out for like 12 years lol!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
ledow

If it has snooker and all the game variations of my (ancient, but still just as playable today as back then) Virtual Pool Hall, yeah I'd buy it just to have it on my Steam account.

That's assuming my usual criteria for games, however: No DRM, no unnecessarily high system requirements (DirectX 11 for simple games etc.), nothing stopping me loading it up for only a minute when I don't have time, etc.
ledow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
targetbsp

Wow. That's a blast from the past! I used to play that back in Uni. Was amazing back in the day that no-one had thought before to directly control the cue with the mouse.
targetbsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:41 AM   #4
lgm1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledow View Post
If it has snooker and all the game variations of my (ancient, but still just as playable today as back then) Virtual Pool Hall, yeah I'd buy it just to have it on my Steam account.

That's assuming my usual criteria for games, however: No DRM, no unnecessarily high system requirements (DirectX 11 for simple games etc.), nothing stopping me loading it up for only a minute when I don't have time, etc.
Yeah, it'll have all the different variations of pool, I'm guessing there will be even more than in VP3. And they said on FB that they plan on using Steam as DRM, so that's nice.

Also it'll be nice to have new, shiny gfx for a pool game. VP3 can still look pretty good if you force and max everything out in your gfx card control panel, but it definitely needs moar polygons, better lighting and much higher res textures.
lgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
drgnzach

Wow, I was expecting it to be a "pool simulator" where you clean and maintain rich peoples pools.
drgnzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
nigel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledow View Post
According to the Virtual Pool 3 website, 21 versions of pool, plus snooker and 2 forms of billiards are in that version, so I would assume (hope) that version 4 will have at least as much.

Used to love Jimmy White's Whirlwind snooker (I think that is what is was called), so it would be great to have an up to date pool / snooker game on Steam.
nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
lgm1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnzach View Post
Wow, I was expecting it to be a "pool simulator" where you clean and maintain rich peoples pools.
lol, don't give those "odd" European game developers who make all the "bus driver/truck driver" games any ideas!
lgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
HellAvenger

lol remind me, i get so bored playing pool with girl. virtual pool will really bored me to death.
HellAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion