Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #46
Killn4Christ

I have NP with this game being tied to my steam account but what I am wondering is if my preordered retail copy will be unlocke and playable on the 10th when I pick it up.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #47
Killn4Christ

Isn't it in the best intrest of everyone for steam to honor the current street date as per manufacture. Considered many of us have had preorders for months now. If you read below Vince states that IW.Net would be up for those who bought retail versions and clearly since the question was as related to the steam release we are talking about the PC version. Therefore if the PC version is not unlocked on the 10th for retail customers then IW.net as related to the question would not be up and available for the midnight release.

Freeman06: Is IW.net going to be available for midnight release, even though if you orderd on steam it comes out 2 days later?

Vince-IW: yes.

This was cliped out of the best buy interveiws where vince says that it will be up for retail versions any comment from a steam rep in regards to this?

Last edited by Killn4Christ: 11-05-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #48
unclefreaky

on today's show of attack of the show, they made a statement saying that the retail copies will be playable upon release, although once registered through steam 2 days later your player stats may be reset. none of this is making any sense to me either. so retail copies will be playable on time but if purchased through steam there will be a 2 day wait and once steam activates it previous players will be reset?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #49
Killn4Christ

Hello Killn4Christ,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The retail game will be able to install and play as soon as you bring it home from your local retailer.

Only the Steam digital purchase is held until the 12th for activation.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:40 AM   #50
Lemon Jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killn4Christ View Post
Hello Killn4Christ,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The retail game will be able to install and play as soon as you bring it home from your local retailer.

Only the Steam digital purchase is held until the 12th for activation.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
So just to reassure me. I can go to Walmart or whatever retailer get the game on 11/10/09 come home. Install it on steam ( by the way does it Download or do you install off the dvds if you buy retail?) after installing I can play on 11/10/09?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #51
Glasses Only

Well this sucks.
I just received my copy today (7th) and I have to wait a week to play

Old 11-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #52
Freyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasses Only View Post
Well this sucks.
I just received my copy today (7th) and I have to wait a week to play
A week? You mean three to five days?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #53
LaFotoAsesina

Now what I would like to know is why the **** does steam have to meddle into when or when not you can play your games.
If the retail copy is being distributed TODAY and I buy it TODAY, Im not talkin about getting the copy under the counter. Its being sold openly to the public TODAY. And I cant play the game cause Steam decided so. I do not mind steam manging my keys or authenticating it but this???? This is not going to upset a few. For now you are going to have 99% os spanish customers blaspheming cause of this issue.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #54
varkanoid

I have a question. I bought my MW2 from Coolshop.co.uk and it arrived this morning. However it says on the back "not for sale in the uk" yet I am in the UK. Will I have a problem with installing and playing the game ?
Old 11-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #55
havoc19x

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkanoid View Post
I have a question. I bought my MW2 from Coolshop.co.uk and it arrived this morning. However it says on the back "not for sale in the uk" yet I am in the UK. Will I have a problem with installing and playing the game ?
hmm.. i think you wont have a problem with that.. its like the same as if I as a german buying some games uncut from somewhere else, never had a problem with it

Old 11-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #56
varkanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc19x View Post
hmm.. i think you wont have a problem with that.. its like the same as if I as a german buying some games uncut from somewhere else, never had a problem with it
Actually just realised the discs are actually the UK version and so is the booklet as the BBFC logo is on them. Its just the fact its in a european case !
Old 11-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #57
Demiurg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFotoAsesina View Post
Now what I would like to know is why the **** does steam have to meddle into when or when not you can play your games.
If the retail copy is being distributed TODAY and I buy it TODAY, Im not talkin about getting the copy under the counter. Its being sold openly to the public TODAY. And I cant play the game cause Steam decided so. I do not mind steam manging my keys or authenticating it but this???? This is not going to upset a few. For now you are going to have 99% os spanish customers blaspheming cause of this issue.
Absolutely! This is the most ****ed up thing that ever happened to a paying customer! WTF... I ordered the game, it was delivered, I can't play it... No activation possible.

This cannont be, this is customer ... If the game wasn't ready, ok, if the game is delivered late, ok.

Delivering it 4 prior to release and letting customers grill is the last thing, after a long list of disappointments by activision/IW/steam - impossible!

If thats the future of gaming and treating PC users i am going back to my atari 64. WTFWTFWTF!!! I'm holding the game in hands, having a free weekend and i can unlock the **** in 2 days...

I cannot eat enough for what I wanna puke.

OK - seriously now.

Please almighty steam-IW-conglomerate let us use your much anticipated game from the heavens of game development and let us PC users enjoy as the console faction already is enjoying this product, that we are all probably already very sorry having bought for a ton of money.

THX

Old 03-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #58
Sierra Oscar

Volunteer Moderator
Updated thread contents with newer games.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare