Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer

Old 03-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Akisohida

New Engy Weapon: The Guitar

I bet people have thought of this general idea before but here's my 2 cents.

Upon striking people, the Guitar lets out various out-of-tune notes.

Upon a kill, the ticker says 'KABONG!' kind of like 'FISHKILL!'

You cannot upgrade/repair buildings upon striking (so you need a second Engy).

Upon Taunting, you slightly repair all buildings around you (like the medics one saw taunt heals people). You can hold this taunt for as long as you want, but you are stationary. It will continue to heal buildings in a radius (and will play the Engys guitar theme!) Does not cost metal to do.

Does more damage than the normal wrench.

Buildings deploy 50% faster and/or buildings upgrade at a rate of 25 metal/sec if they are at full health.

OR

Buildings Deploy faster and slowly upgrade when you are doing the heal taunt near them

The game already has a model for his guitar.

This is a really rough idea so far. Not sure how I'd even submit it to the work shop, since the game already HAS a model and all submissions need to have a model attached, so far as I know.

Last edited by Akisohida: 03-15-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Tuss

That's a very steep downside. Otherwise it seems fun.
Tuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #3

Only if all my buildings built as fast as mini-sentries.
4812622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
arendsturn

That is a glaring downside. for a not so great upside. It would need all buildings to automatically upgrade/build at mini-sentry speed or something similar.
arendsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
War Monkey782

Does the repair taunt cost metal? If so, then it is UP.
If not, it is a decent idea. Maybe have the engineer have a benefit for taunting, like he has slight damage resistance or something. Make it so that he is an easy target, but not so much that he dies without any effort of the enemy.
Maybe buildings have very slight explosive resistance while in the area. So that stickies don't take out the buildings while the engineer is healing them. At the very least other engineers are able to switch to pistol/shortcircuit to destroy them, or wrangler to outlast them.
It needs to upgrade at a rate of about 25 metal every second. This is about 25% slower than if the engineer used the wrench.
War Monkey782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
Akisohida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuss View Post
That's a very steep downside. Otherwise it seems fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4812622 View Post
Only if all my buildings built as fast as mini-sentries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arendsturn View Post
That is a glaring downside. for a not so great upside. It would need all buildings to automatically upgrade/build at mini-sentry speed or something similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Monkey782 View Post
Does the repair taunt cost metal? If so, then it is UP.
If not, it is a decent idea. Maybe have the engineer have a benefit for taunting, like he has slight damage resistance or something. Make it so that he is an easy target, but not so much that he dies without any effort of the enemy.
Maybe buildings have very slight explosive resistance while in the area. So that stickies don't take out the buildings while the engineer is healing them. At the very least other engineers are able to switch to pistol/shortcircuit to destroy them, or wrangler to outlast them.
It needs to upgrade at a rate of about 25 metal every second. This is about 25% slower than if the engineer used the wrench.
I was thinking that much more would make it OP but apparently not. I had the 'auto upgrades' but felt that would be OP. The point is to be a support engy; you build, they upgrade. I guess I was wrong.
Akisohida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Tuss

I would think upgrading would happen during the taunt, albiet slower because of multiple buildings. Same with building speed. Get a pocket pyro, and you got yourself a base in seconds.
Tuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
Statisfaction

Banned
This would be a great item for my sciprted auto-engy!
Statisfaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
HuntsmanSnipe

Banned
why the hell not.
HuntsmanSnipe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer