Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 01-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #286
turbotron360

I know how to solve this problem :D

I was wondering what to do since I bought crysis 2. I got it early and then it disappeared of off steam. Then I realized that it had CD keys attached to it. I put those Keys into my origin account and it works! I hope this helps!
turbotron360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #287
PandaFraHelvete

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotron360 View Post
I was wondering what to do since I bought crysis 2. I got it early and then it disappeared of off steam. Then I realized that it had CD keys attached to it. I put those Keys into my origin account and it works! I hope this helps!
but most steam users dislike Origin...
PandaFraHelvete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #288
Dr Manhattan

So....

Long thread

Is the DX11 patch included if I reinstall this game through steam or do I have to add it to that POS origin along with BF3?
Dr Manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #289
Grue12

No, patch 1.9 is included in Steam version, but you need to install DX11 patch and HI-RES TEXTURES patch manually (download them from mycrysis.com website). No Origin needed.

Same if you use Origin's Crysis 2. You also need to download these two patches manually.

In both cases download the files from http://www.mycrysis.com/dx11

Last edited by Grue12: 02-28-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Grue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #290
.:M4dn3ss:.

Apparently the pulling of Crysis 2 from Steam was related to the DLC... but now the DLCs are unavailable for purchase anymore. Does that mean they can put Crysis 2 back on Steam??
.:M4dn3ss:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #291
Flasher710

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:M4dn3ss:. View Post
Apparently the pulling of Crysis 2 from Steam was related to the DLC... but now the DLCs are unavailable for purchase anymore. Does that mean they can put Crysis 2 back on Steam??
No Crysis 2 is now away from steam and i don't believe if he come back on steam. Maybe he move on ORIGIN.
Flasher710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #292
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:M4dn3ss:. View Post
From what I read in the EA forum from Cry-Tom, its a problem with Direct2Drive and they are working on fixing it, thus unlikely C2 will return to Steam.

Interesting that they are having problems with the DLC because it was the DLC was at the center of the dispute between CryTek & Steam. If I recall correctly, the DLC was only being sold on D2D, and Crytek had a in-game link to d2d to purchase DLC, which was breach of their contract with Steam. Basically a Steam build of any game can not re-direct a player to purchase content (DLC) from other digital download services, unless somekind of retail deal has been arranged.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #293
TimL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
From what I read in the EA forum from Cry-Tom, its a problem with Direct2Drive and they are working on fixing it, thus unlikely C2 will return to Steam.

Interesting that they are having problems with the DLC because it was the DLC was at the center of the dispute between CryTek & Steam. If I recall correctly, the DLC was only being sold on D2D, and Crytek had a in-game link to d2d to purchase DLC, which was breach of their contract with Steam. Basically a Steam build of any game can not re-direct a player to purchase content (DLC) from other digital download services, unless somekind of retail deal has been arranged.
The DLC is not sold on D2D? Direct2Drive is an online shop (now part of gamefly).
TimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #294
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simian_ View Post
Out of curiosity, what does this mean for people who already bought it through steam? Will they still be able to re-download it?
Yes you can. I do not have the game installed and it is still in my game list and I am able to download it as of today.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #295
nrnoble

LOL.... you had to go a long way back to answer that question. I suppose its something that always relevant.

I re-installed it a couple of months ago without any problem. However the orignal game remains far more fun to replay. I am not anti-console gamer, a good game is a good game, yet Crysis2 truly does feel like they scaled back the game to make sure it worked on consoles, and IMHO, feels like game the pre-dates the original because C1 & warhead are better designed games and look just as good.

Last edited by nrnoble: 03-13-2012 at 12:20 AM.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #296
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
LOL.... you had to go a long way back to answer that question. I suppose its something that always relevant.
Yes I uesed it for reference. On March 14, 2012 I was still able to download / install and play Crysis 2.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series