Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Psychonauts

Old 03-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
DoctorWeeTodd

Stuck in Marksmanship Training

Okay, I'm just learning how to use projectiles with Sasha Nein. After I destroyed the first tacky tiffany lamp three of them pop up, and I have to destroy them in order.

I press left shift to lock on and press left left mouse button to destroy the first one, but Sasha Nein keeps saying something to the effect of "Nice try, but you need to be more precise. Try first locking onto the target."

The problem is I AM LOCKING ONTO THE TARGET. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but after watching the following video...

http://youtu.be/nbMC6f3aLz8?t=18m45s

I seem to be doing the same thing except with a mouse and keyboard. So I have to do that repeatedly.

Is this a common bug? (The search feature didn't find anything?) How do I get past this?

Last edited by DoctorWeeTodd: 03-16-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #2
Elenoe

he said that to me when I destroyed them in wrong order. When I tried to change locked targets to right ones it passed. No other issue related IK
Elenoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
Jiu Jit Su

i never had any problems with that level. I did 2 playthroughs with the game, first with mouse and keyboard, second with gamepad. Both worked flawlessly.

I have completed the entire game with all achievements acquired and im confident to say that this game is 99.99% bug free. You should try and verify your game cache, maybe that helps.
Jiu Jit Su is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
spyrochaete

I recommend going into the game, hit pause, and look at the key mappings in options. Make absolutely sure that left shift is the button he is asking you to press here.

Locking on to a target is such console lameness!! PC gamers actually AIM!
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
DoctorWeeTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrochaete View Post
I recommend going into the game, hit pause, and look at the key mappings in options. Make absolutely sure that left shift is the button he is asking you to press here.

Locking on to a target is such console lameness!! PC gamers actually AIM!
Yeah, I appreciate the game is available for the PC, and I don't want to seem entitled for special treatment, but the port could've gone better.

ESC should've worked like the Circle or B key as a back or exit button for any feature, and instead of locking we should've gotten a crosshair.
DoctorWeeTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
DoctorWeeTodd

Okay, I just restarted the game, and I was able to get past it fine. Must've been a one time thing.

Now I have a problem, the lock on feature is TERRIBLE.

But the original story and art direction keeps me going.
DoctorWeeTodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Psychonauts