Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series

Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
cotabucky

When the game starts if you look down in the lower right corner you should see ver 1.60.
If so you should be all set.
cotabucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:15 AM   #17
jordNZ

Thought I would update my thread - still having issues with the multiplayer portion of ARMA 2. Really unfortunate because I want to play again but simply can't.
jordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
tried betas? full reinstall ?

Old 02-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #19
vohk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordNZ View Post
Thought I would update my thread - still having issues with the multiplayer portion of ARMA 2. Really unfortunate because I want to play again but simply can't.
Does it kick you before you get to the lobby, or after picking a slot and loading in? What is the exact error message?
vohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #20
7th_Serf

could it be Battleye? There is a known issue with it if you are using ACRE and the older Jayarma2lib.
7th_Serf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #21
jordNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohk View Post
Does it kick you before you get to the lobby, or after picking a slot and loading in? What is the exact error message?
Sorry for late reply - just tried playing again for the first time in a while and STILL getting kicked. IT kicks me after I pick my slot and as it it finishes downloading the 'Mission info'. It gives me no error, just says 'Kicked from server.'.

The only unusual things I see is when I join the server, down at the bottom in the text box it says 'Wrong signature file' for a couple of .pbo's. Only started gettign this after the last update - before then it worked flawlessly. Have tried verifying game files, still get the problem.

I can't play ARMA at all now - pretty angry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th_Serf View Post
could it be Battleye? There is a known issue with it if you are using ACRE and the older Jayarma2lib.
I don't have any mods installed - I have all ArmA 2, ArmA 2: OA, BAF, and PMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
tried betas? full reinstall ?
I don't know how to use any betas through Steam? I'm not reinstalling ALL of my ArmA games just to get this to work. I live in New Zealand and have a bandwidth cap, so am not wasting 20GB (or so) on reinstalling the games after the latest update 'broke' them. That's not fair for anyone. Not having a go, but I'm pretty disappointed.

Last edited by jordNZ: 03-03-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #22
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
any server or just some server?

Old 03-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #23
vohk

Assuming it isn't a problem with a specific few servers..

Quote:
The only unusual things I see is when I join the server, down at the bottom in the text box it says 'Wrong signature file' for a couple of .pbo's. Only started gettign this after the last update - before then it worked flawlessly. Have tried verifying game files, still get the problem.
My advice would be to delete the offending .pbo files and then verify the game cache. Sometimes a file will be corrupted and yet slip past Steam's patching/verification. Since Steam replaces the entire file anyway, deleting it manually ensures you get a fresh copy.

You might also want to download the BattlEye .dll straight from the source(Or right click on A2OA in Steam and then 'Reinstall BattlEye', after launching Steam with admin privileges. Same result). Occasionally, it has issues updating and will kick you out at the point you describe, but shouldn't mention any .pbo's. Couldn't hurt to check anyway.

Quote:
I don't know how to use any betas through Steam? I'm not reinstalling ALL of my ArmA games just to get this to work. I live in New Zealand and have a bandwidth cap, so am not wasting 20GB (or so) on reinstalling the games after the latest update 'broke' them. That's not fair for anyone. Not having a go, but I'm pretty disappointed.
Arma 2 OA beta patches are found here. Basically, it's an updated version of the .exe, that installs separately from the regular game. No vanilla files get overwritten. You simply run the beta .exe instead of the regular one, and can switch back and forth as you like. Most betas are around 30-40MB.

Last edited by vohk: 03-04-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #24
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
it would be nice to know what files too ...

locate arma2oa.rpt file and it should be listed inside

Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #25
jordNZ

Hi again, sorry haven't had much time to troubleshoot.

I tested again on different servers, still having the same issue. One server I used to play on frequently just kicks me for no apparent reason. However the other/s give me the wrong signature file issues again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohk View Post
...right click on A2OA in Steam and then 'Reinstall BattlEye', after launching Steam with admin privileges.
I have tried this, however when I do it from the OA menu it just launches and then closes. Like my user avatar goes green to say I'm in-game then just goes blue to online again - that's the only evidence of any activity I get. When doing so with running as admin, I get the UAC box, accept it, then nothing happens. Alternatively, I try reinstalling it through the ArmA 2 menu and it says 'Game unavailable'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
it would be nice to know what files too ...

locate arma2oa.rpt file and it should be listed inside
I didn't locate that file, however I jotted down the .pbo's that were under 'Wrong signature file' in the servers. These were:

Quote:
languagemissions_baf.pbo - this is in the BAF/AddOns/ directory
anims.pbo - this is in the arma2/AddOns/ directory
I will try to rename these files to xxxxxxOld.pbo (thus not to delete them completely) and verify cache and see if that works. There's nobody online in my region at the moment, so it's difficult to thoroughly test it but should give me an idea if it is going to work or not.

Cheers.

Last edited by jordNZ: 03-10-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #26
vohk

Quote:
I have tried this, however when I do it from the OA menu it just launches and then closes. Like my user avatar goes green to say I'm in-game then just goes blue to online again - that's the only evidence of any activity I get. When doing so with running as admin, I get the UAC box, accept it, then nothing happens. Alternatively, I try reinstalling it through the ArmA 2 menu and it says 'Game unavailable'.
That's normal. It just runs in the background for a couple seconds. Not sure why the A2 one wasn't working ('Game unavailable' is usually a Steam server-side error), but that shouldn't affect running OA on it's own or OA as 'Combined Operations'.

Quote:
I will try to rename these files to xxxxxxOld.pbo (thus not to delete them completely) and verify cache and see if that works.
Probably a good idea. Personally, I like to change the extension (ex: .pboOLD) instead of the file name (or just move the file), just to make sure the game doesn't try to load it anyway. Can't remember if A2/OA loads extra .pbo's from that folder, but it won't affect verifying the cache anyway. Might get caught by signature checks when joining a server though.

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #27
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
@JordNZ

that's definitely good start, yes it seems You still had or have for some reason the bugged languagemissions_baf.pbo

if you still have trouble with it, i suggest to
1. delete the file(s) in question
2. change content server in STEAM setttings , e.g. to different one (Australia or somewhere else for You)
3. restart STEAM and check the game file cache
4. try again if You can connect, i suggest to join server where you 100% sure it has latest data and it's popular (even being in europe or usa)

Old 03-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #28
jordNZ

Hey guys - pleased to report that I/we have fixed the issue! I don't know what it was exactly (though I'm pretty sure the renaming and re-verifying of those .pbo files was the trick), but I renamed the .pbo's, verified game files for each ArmA 2 game (OA, BAF, PMC), defragged all of them with Steams defrag option, run ArmA2, then ArmA OA (which installed BAF again), then ran BAF and PMC so they could validate that they were installed still, then tested it by launching OA in Combined Ops.

Everything works now! No wrong signature file errors. As mentioned, I'm pretty sure renaming those .pbo's to '.pboOld' was the trick, but the other stuff didn't hurt to clean up the files.

Thanks for all the help, particularly Dwarden and vohk. Really appreciate it. Plus rep for both of you
Old 03-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #29
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
good to hear You got it solved ...

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series