Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rochard

Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
snlehton

Recoil Games
Rochard FAQ

Here are some questions people have been asking. If you have a question in mind, please add it in this thread and we will see it gets added to the list.

General issues

Q: After launching the game, I get a error message saying "Could not load all Steam dll files."

A: This might happen if Microsoft Visual Studio runtime libraries required by the Steam integration plugin are not found in the system. Before this gets fixed, these libraries can be installed manually from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8328

Q: My virus scanner says Rochard.exe is infected. When running the game, I get "this game is currently unavailable".

A: Certain virus scanner identify some Steam games (Rochard included) as trojan. Solution is to exclude rochard.exe from virus detection. More information can be found at https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...4361-MVDP-3638

Graphics issues

Q: When I start the game, I get just a black screen but the game seems to be running. How do fix that?

A: This is probably due to invalid graphics mode used. Some drivers report that they support modes which they actually don't, or it might be the display that can't use the chosen video mode. You can use Alt+Enter to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode while the game is running, this should allow you to enter the video options menu and to choose correct video mode.

Q: My display only allows video mode which is not listed in the options. Can I override the video mode?

A: Officially we support only video modes that have 16:9, 16:10 or 4:3 aspect ratio. However, it is possible to use any video mode the system supports. When entering the video options menu, hold SHIFT key down and you will be able to choose any video mode available. Remember though, that the unofficial video modes are not supported, and the game might not work correctly (weird camera angles, not being able to see everything in the game world etc).

Q: How do I know what FPS the game is running at?

A: While in-game, press F9 to display the dev menu. From there, you can enable the FPS display which will tell you the average FPS and other statistics about the game.

Q: The FPS is jittering. What is wrong?

A: There might be several reasons for this. First you should check that there are no background processes running. On some computers just having Steam client window open in the background causes jittering. Also make sure that no processes that use/scan harddisk such as Windows search indexing are running in the background.

Q: There is no option for anti-aliasing and setting AA in graphics card control panel doesn't do anything. How do I enable it?

A: Rochard uses so called deferred rendering to render the scene. Normal anti-aliasing algorithms cannot be used with it. Rochard does has built-in AA shader, but it is not as effective as normal AA used for forward rendering. There are ways to force AA in deferred rendering (REFERENCES NEEDED!)

Q: The graphics are corrupted (weird colors, flickering, pixelation).

A: Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers.

Control issues

Q: I'm using gamepad XYZ but the controls are messed up. How do I get it to work?

A: In update 1.05 we added possibility to customize the gamepad mapping. It can be found in the controls options menu. The gamepad control layout is designed Xbox 360 controller layout in mind, so you should use a controller that has the same kind of layout. In the customization menu you can then map the buttons and axes to match the Xbox 360 layout. You can also remap buttons altogether, but remember that for example the menus display button names according to the defaul mapping (eg. A button = jump / menu select, B button = melee / menu back)

Q: How do you skip cutscenes? ESC doesn't work.

A: Cutscenes are skipped with the Melee button (Q on keyboard and B button on Xbox controller by default).

Q: Keyboard or gamepad controls are not responding correctly/at all.

A: Some games override the way Unity player handles controls. Check if you have this key in the registry (use regedit.exe)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unity\Player]"Input"="DirectInput" If so, you can try removing it.

Save game issues
Q: My save game got corrupted/reset. What should I do?

A: Contact Recoil Games support at support@recoilgames.com. You will given detailed instructions how to proceed.

Q: How do I know how many collectibles I've collected so far?

A: The amount of collectibles found (gold collectibles and enchancements) can be seen in the "Start from Chapter" menu in the main menu.

Last edited by snlehton: 09-17-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added info about virus scanners
Old 02-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
JamesMichael

When can we expect a sequel? Seriously you left me hanging here and I want more.

Last edited by JamesMichael: 02-16-2012 at 05:30 PM.
JamesMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Sweetz

I recommend using the SMAA injector to improve AA quality. Made a post about that with instructions here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2603301

Not sure if the devs are working on the game anymore, but I believe SMAA is open source and freely distributable if they'd like to natively implement it in Rochard. Tech details here: http://www.iryoku.com/smaa/
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Dr_Quake

Native driver injected FXAA and MLAA shader pseudoAA is availiable for ATI and NVIDIA cards till Catalyst 10.6 and ForceWare 301.42. Works nicely.
Dr_Quake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rochard